Saturday, June 14, 2008

They Like To Believe

Clever people 'less likely to believe in God'
PEOPLE with high IQs are less likely to believe in God, according to a new study.

A leading psychology professor at Ulster University said many more "intellectually elite" people in the UK, especially univeristy academics, identified themselves as atheists than the national average.

Prof Richard Lynn said a decline in religious beliefs over the last century was directly linked to a rise in average intelligence
===
I have an IQ measured at 145. I am a Christian. I despise the shallowness of Bertrand Russell's "Why I Am Not A Christian" essay, but many clever people love it, and value it. I reckon it has more to do with perception, and the literati have dominated with a soft left bias that often drifts to the far left. But conservatism is highly related to conservative theology of the type which builds a community of believers. Certainly my more left wing Christian leaders have shown themselves to believe in little, or nothing, in their pursuit of the pragmatic at the expense of God.

No comments: