Sunday, June 01, 2008

Promoting New Music Sun Day 1st June

Dead Woman (by Pablo Neruda)
by Lafayette and ddball

David D Ball has posted a poem by Pablo Neruda : "The Dead Woman - La Muerte". His diction is perfect.
See "Lyrics" for details.
I've thought I could adapt music over his spoken words.
I play all instruments.
You can listen there the result...

Thx David DDBall's page

- LaFayette
===
Beautiful Sunset
Nocturne (World Premiere)
by georgeptingley

My 17-year old student Barret Wilber from Sonoma was over this morning to record and edit his little piano solo Nocturne.

Barret describes this piece as having a subtle attribute possessing a Chopin-like quality.
===
Beautiful Sunset
Bonnie & Clyde
by Dylan, RAVENS and Filmscorz

An old story...performed in 1968 by Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot. Always loved this tune...In 1993 Steve Wynn did a version in english (inspired by the notes Clyde Barrow wrote...), with Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde), that i loved too...

Last year i started to work on this...until Jeff granted me with some fine strings...and then i've found my Bonnie...Thank you both for your talents...I'm enjoying making those collabs a whole lot...

RAVENS - Vocals extraordinaires (and sound clips in the end)
Filmscorz - fine Strings
Me - Vocals, guitars, bass, and all other noises...

Special thoughts to stevel, who tossed me this cool idea months ago...I know he's a Gainsbourg fan..and hope he'll enjoy...
===
Beautiful Sunset
Catch Me (remixed)
by o0o and Ziur

Here is the mp3 of the video Catch Me. New vocals and another mix.

I hope you enjoy this new take on Catch Me.

No comments: