Saturday, June 07, 2008

Promoting New Music Saturn Day 7th June

Beautiful Sunset
cry WOLF
by retrolust

new retrolust?! oh snap!?
===
Beautiful Sunset
A Dream So Real (The Better Mix)
by Storkaas

think i uploaded the wrong one..

© Rune Storkaas 2008
===
Beautiful Sunset
What They Say
by PaulFPage

I got kind of "taken" by the first 4 notes ... and the rest just fell into place. The song "means" absolutely nothing, but I imagined a conversation that just went sort of on and on with no real purpose or particular goal. The geese seemed appropriate.
===
Beautiful Sunset
It's like a Brazilian-Cuban-Irish Techno Party In My Mouth!
by Heightened

This one I posted before the big crash.
===
What You've Locked In
by signorina_oscurata

Glued together haphazardly during an intense breakup. Can you tell? I wanted a dungeon-y, gregorian, mouth-noise feel. I got mostly mouth-noise, but this is the fault of the pinhole microphone and some super-intense salivary glands, neither of which, on present budget, can be helped.

I love not having any of the things I need to make clean, consistent music. It's so much easier to make excuses when there's fault to be found in factors above mortal control.

I don't walk around feeling this way all the time, folks. Swear. I like life, people, mushy feelings, fluffy bunnies, and Lifetime original movies.
Okay, maybe not the last one. But I am by and large not crizazy emo.
===
Little Lachrymose Bird
by signorina_oscurata

Not much to be said. It's not easy trying to produce something of value past curfew in a high-school dormitory with no equipment or (real) silence. This here is one of a few sad things I've had kicking around. Spoken portion consists of lyrics from a song with similar chords which never made it to the recording stage.

Keyboard, three voices (all mine). As ever, much white noise. This ought to change once my full-time job's paycheck starts kicking in and I can afford something better than the fuzzy pinhole mic my macbook is fitted with.

2 comments:

Nom de Plume said...

I hear that retrolust band is brilliant.

DaoDDBall said...

You heard right ;)