Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Promoting New Music Tyr's Day 5th August

Beautiful Sunset
a spectre's tale
by Mystified

Once upon a time...

This is another in my series of "Once upon a time," songs that are meant to engage the listener's imagination and tell a story...

Thanks to the freesound project (http://www.freesound.org/), a great bank of sounds, particularly:
sandocho: music box
harri: creaky door
monterey2000: garden chimes
zeroline: children's laughter

song art: "Self Portrait 1983" by B.C.
===
Symphony No. 1 First Movement
by EddieFranklin

This is my first symphony. This is the opening movement. It is of course made using software instruments, but is my own composition. I hope you will enjoy.
===
Beautiful Sunset
Valse in C minor
by georgeptingley

Fellow teacher and composer Nancie Kester just e-mailed me the music of her beautiful Chopin-inspired Valse in C minor printed using the Sibelius 5 notation program. After practicing for about 10 minutes, I immediatley went into the recording mode. This is what I came up with. We both thank you for listening in.

Pianist George Peter Tingley performs Nancie Kester's "Valse in C minor"

No comments: