Monday, August 18, 2008

Promoting New Music Moon's Day 18th August

A Song Without Words
by PaulFPage

I couldn't think of any lyrics for this little ballad, so, anyway, it's just what it is: a song without words. I hope you enjoy the tune and the fun I had orchestrating it. Listen and be peaceful...
===
Beautiful Sunset
the aspen grove
by Mystified

a 'classic Mystified' composition (os9)

I recently went on a hike and found myself in a glorious grove of new aspen trees. As I later wrote:

...what is it about an aspen grove? I took this photo in the Uinta forest, on a trail that wound between slender, stately aspens such as these and brooding, earthy firs and evergreens.

There is something magical about each, but in a different way. 'Quaking aspens' do just that, and at the slightest breeze they seem to whisper secrets amongst themselves, while the light plays against the twirling leaves.

These trees here seemed as a curtain off of the trail--a wall of graceful guardians that drew your gaze in and then up to the sky above. And while it's difficult to describe in words the exact feeling of standing in such a grove, if you've never had the chance to walk among the aspens and experience the certain serenity, I highly recommend it...
* * * * * * *
What is a 'classic Mystified track' you ask?
It usually consists of a basic improvisation--in this case, the Jam Pack Steinway Piano. I then added an improvised Orchestral Harp over the piano and then an improvised Orchestra Legato Bass to that. Even though I improvise, I usually have to fix/tweak notes in the track editor (bad notes, adjusting velocities, note lengths, etc.)
Then, after I have an instrumental track I'm satisfied with, I go and improvise 2-3 tracks of vocals, one after the other, then go back and refine levels, eq, effects such as reverb/delay.
Voila! A 'classic' Mystified composition

No comments: