Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Promoting New Music Woden's Day 2nd July

Beautiful Sunset
We Can Fly
by amateurpro and RAVENS

I wrote "Where Did I Go Wrong", and RAVENS added the most angelic lyrics/vocals and I'm wondering, where did I go right?
Thank you RAVENS, for an amazing job..
===
Beautiful Sunset
more than one - x files mix
by sonic_magpie, Mystified, particledots and TheOrbiting

From Cat:
I really had no intention of doing a version of The Orbiting's "Wake Up," but as I listened to the remixes in succession, something in the lyrics caught my attention, and then my imagination.

"...they were stealing your dreams from you..." reminded me of an X-Files episode where one of the characters says "They were stealing my memories." Approaching the remix from that angle, I recorded spoken and sung additions, then turned it over to Bryn to 'space it out.'
And did he ever, rebuilding it from just the vocal tracks up. B--you're a genius Thank you!

Thanks to Lisa and Matt for letting us take artistic license in remixing your song.

Wake Up -- The Orbiting
Additional vocals -- Mystified
Instrumental rebuild, spaced-out ambience -- Particledots (Bryn)
(Cigarette-Smoking Man -- SteveL

From bryn -
Here is a remix of the orbiting's wake up tune. Cat started the ball rolling on this and sent me the (x) files to mix.
I have to be honest...I still haven't heard the orginal at this point, so I have no idea how this sounds in comparison and how far I have deviated from their original ideas
===
Beautiful Sunset
Tickled to Death (1899)
by georgeptingley

White Nashville ragtimer Charles Hunter got this one published in 1899, the same year as Joplin's MAPLE LEAF RAG. The 4-bar intro has the sound of a gospel revival meeting, don't you think? The rag also exhibits unusual form (intro ABCC interlude CC) and, when played at a quick tempo, is over in a jiffy. As you might expect, I engage in a bit of paraphrasing here and there particularly in the latter stages of the piece.

George Peter Tingley plays Charlie Hunter's TICKLED TO DEATH (1899).
===
Beautiful Sunset
Scott & Walker at the Ryman Theater (fake live)
by Sloparts

Fake live 2 song performance By that famous Country band from Arkansas know as the scat back crew, "Scott & Walker"

Performed live on the stage of the Ryman Theater at the Grand Ole Opry. I present to you the very best of Country Music, by Scott & Walker.

No comments: