Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Promoting New Music Tyr's Day 22nd July

Tyr (English pronounced /ˈtʰɪɚ/;[1] Old Norse: Týr IPA: [tʰyːr]) is the god of single combat and heroic glory in Norse mythology, portrayed as a one-handed man. In the late Icelandic Eddas, he is portrayed, alternately, as the son of Odin (Prose Edda) or of Hymir (Poetic Edda), while the origins of his name and his possible relationship to Tuisto (see Tacitus' Germania) suggest he was once considered the father of the gods and head of the pantheon. Tuesday is in fact "Tyr's Day." This is because the Anglo-Saxons at that time pronounced Tyr's name as "Tiw" thus giving his name to the 3rd day of the week.
Beautiful Sunset
===
Watch It Burn
by signorina_oscurata

my electric piano got sick of the same old waltzes and held me hostage, tuned itself to the organ setting, and decided to go all vampire-rock on my boring little a**. I figured out that if I could get a clean enough run of a keyboard track, i could turn it down, flip some switches, and turn it into an angry-sounding electric guitar. I ruined the whole thing by adding my voice in there... i have a hard time sounding genuinely p.o.'d, even when i am (except when i'm talking to my mother, ha.) however, the words are pretty personal and situationally-relevant, so i think it's best sung by me, at least on a sentimental level. although if anyone wants to cut this sucker up and pump some juice into it, i mean, real pulsing sound and whatnot, go right ahead.
loop use: only one, and that's the drums. bunch of activists broke down my door and stole my pet drummer, so the loop had to suffice.
===
Beautiful Sunset
That Grand Ole Feeling (UF)
by becwil

After reading an article on some new finds of human remains that are 4 million years old in Ethiopia, I felt inspired to begin a collection of tunes based on the idea that ancient people tell their stories every time an anthropologist writes of our curious ways, then and now.

This collection of bare bones is called Ultimately Fossil.

This is the eighth offering from this dig.

I'll be celebrating my 24th wedding anniversary in August. I thought I'd write a piece thinking about love. The kind of love that changes everything in one's life. The kind of love I've had the fortune to experience. It's a happy and giddy love. And I wonder if our ancient ancestors had similar feelings. I'm guessing they did. The chemistry of love is part of our core make-up. It is a force that can't be denied. Whether we understand it or not.

This tune has its drunken phase and then sobers up into the proverbial happiness-ever-after ending. Much like my life.
===
Beautiful Sunset
I Do Not Complain
by Ziur

First work on holiday season...
The material base is this:

Enjoy it...
===
Beautiful Sunset
Selfish People
by Ziur and o0o

Perhaps i had committed an impertinence to do this but o0o piece is so damn good that i was attracted like a mouse to a trap. Maybe an Oziur work... What do you think?
This is the original:

No comments: