Thursday, July 31, 2008

Promoting New Music Thor's Day 31st July

I Believe
by EddieFranklin

A song thats been in the works awhile.

Me, vocals
Me, guitars
Me, drums
===
Beautiful Sunset
Zombies
by Revive

Uh oh... I'm afraid that this is a political song. Because I normally can't stand political songs and online debates that usually end up with both sides in a bad mood, I have chosen to not disclose my personal views (though there are hints in the lyrics...)

So when I was thinking up this one, I imagined it to be a hard rock track, but since that would absolutely not work for me (I can't play guitar or bass or drums, and the ones in GB sound kinda... crappy), I just said, "Screw it, I'll make it drum and bass!" So yeah, this is my first venture into D&B. I never really appreciated it until I heard some Pendulum at a dance party, and I think I gave myself whiplash from dancing so hard.

Anyway, enjoy, and keep political debates to yourself (Note that I made the title of this song plural to avoid any Cranberries confusions)
===
Beautiful Sunset
Don't Mind Me
by Revive

Another track. I'm thinking of recording a track of me just playing this on the piano, because it's simple enough that I can do that (it's hard for me to play and sing at the same time unless the piano part is simple). It was hard to figure out how to alter the vocals to fit the song (by way of equalizer, etc.), and I'm still not sure if I got it nailed, so any feedback regarding that would be fine by me. And once again, enjoy.
===
Takeaway
by Revive

This one took me a very long time to finish (especially when GarageBand unexpectedly quits on you MULTIPLE TIMES when you haven't saved in a while). Mainly what took me a while was finding a good time to record because... all the sounds in this song are from my voice. Don't believe me? Check this screenshot:

So that was a pain (in addition to trying to figure out a good title for this track), but I really enjoy this song and I hope you do too.
===
Feel Better
by Revive

Hello, everyone! I'm still alive and competent. So basically, I have been enjoying my summer and still creating music. I actually finished this one a while ago, but I prefer to release new music in chunks rather than one every few weeks. So sorry for withholding music, but it's just how I do. I'm uploading four songs today and I have six or so more cooking, so in addition to "The Strangest Thing", I hope to have about twelve songs for my next album*. So enjoy this song and the others I will get up soon.

* (I like to play pretend that I actually have albums)

No comments: