Sunday, July 20, 2008

Promoting New Music Sun's Day 20th July

Happy Birthday Betty
===
Beautiful Sunset
A Simple Life remastered
by Sloparts

I posted a version of this song in August of last year that was just a transfer of the original recording from about 1992 over to my Mac and then into an mp3 format.

This one however is a total remake done in Logic Express 8. While it does use the original track for the vocal and guitar part, I've completely redone the drums, and bass parts. I've also added fiddles, banjo, and 2 other guitar parts to it.

Now this little sucker is really cookin' with all burners going. I hope you agree that it is now a totally different song, and at the same time it's the same song, just a lot better.

Enjoy the new mix. I would be pleased to have any comments on what I might yet do to make it even better, if you'd care to offer them.

Thanks for listening.

Ed
===
Beautiful Sunset
2008 yosCocktail
by yosL

A Mix of 8 Tracks
(on the clubhouse upbeat)
intended for the catwalk

Thx Dudes & Dudas
O.
===
Beautiful Sunset
Edgewood Point
by BossHook

Last month Bo Diddley moved on to that great gig in the sky. A rock and roll creator from his start in Chicago on Checker Records, Bo carved out his own beat that would make the boys and girls crazy at the sock hops.

Bo’s beat was dirty. It resonated from the Stones version of Not Fade Away, Who - Magic Bus, Strangeloves – I Want Candy, Springsteen – She’s the One, to today KT Tunstell – Big Black Horse and the Cherry Tree and many more, not to mention the covers of Bo’s own tunes by the Yardbirds, Dead, Thorogood, etc.

I wrote this tune as a tip of the hat to Bo a few years back and got to finishing it.

Edgewood Point is the place in Everytown, USA where a boy takes his girl in his Daddy’s car to look up at the stars and steal away a first kisses.

JL: Words, music, acoustic and electric guitars, bass, organ, drum programming, percussion, production and mix.

Horns: The Fabulous Rigatoni Boys

(c)2008 Boss Hook Music, ASCAP
===
Beautiful Sunset
Hallelujah (Cover W/Dylan)
by fromano and Dylan

Some time ago, following a link my good friend FatChance exposed in chat, I could listen to a memorable take by K.D. Lang of a song I've always loved. Well, I had the original Leonard Cohen's version in mind, so I didn't expect such energy and elegance. My mouth could only say "wow". hehe.
Being a shameless megalomaniac, I couldn't help thinking "why not pushing the song a little more to the limit?". I involved Dylan in this thing, and he brought his distinctive vox, his taste and his skill to the project.
It came out a strange version of this classic, and liking it or not is obviously a matter of personal taste, but we had fun making it, and this is all the whole thing is about, isn't it?
Thank you very much, Dyl, for your unvaluable help and for your long-lasting friendship. It's always an honor and a pleasure to make noise with ya.

Enjoy the ride, my friends. Hallelujah.

Dylan : Lead vocals
Fulvio : Lead and backing vocals, all instruments.
L. Cohen : Genius.

No comments: