Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Promoting New Music Wodensday 14th May

Beautiful Sunset
Stop War - In Pace
by dirigent

Orlando di Lasso 1532-1594, former head of the Court's Chapel in my hometown Munich, inspired me to arrange his setting for three voices "In pace" for synths, drums, guitar and vocals.

I continue my series "Stop War". This piece is dedicated to all the peaceful people who prefer to make love, not war

Vocal setting by Orlando di Lasso
Music, vocals and production by dirigent
===
Beautiful Sunset
The FLOW
by Justin_Case
Today, I celebrate my one-year anniversary at iCompositions.com--and what a wonderful year it has been!

This classically-influenced track with an electronic edge is dedicated to all the delightful friends and artists I have met at iCompositions.com over the last year. I am so grateful for stumbling across this website and discovering an endless wealth of music and inspiration. What a fateful and wonderful day indeed. You all have impressed me with your artistic talents, kind words, and camaraderie. What an amazing online community we share here. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!

What FLOW am I referencing here? TIME, of course. We've all experienced the perception of time creeping by slowly or flying by in the blink of an eye. What mediates this flow of time? Is it real? Is it an illusion? Is it in the mind? Is it in your wristwatch? The music of life, perhaps? Time--the collective riddle of the universe that connects and unifies the whole stream of events and perceptions in our lives.
Beautiful Sunset
So, I went back in time a bit to my compositional roots and composed this track using only MIDI techniques and the first synthesizer I ever purchased: the Roland JV-1080. 64 voices of polyphony and 16-part multitimbrality, oh yeah! I loved this sound module in its day; and heck, I still think it's pretty nifty.

Running time: 10'24"

This one's for you iCompositions. Enjoy!
~Justin
*album art: detail from "The Persistence of Memory" by Salvador Dali.
===
Beautiful Sunset
Caravan
by grathy

This is an example of the type of music I really enjoy doing. A friend of mine sent me the background tracks, but I had to take them down a few notches to fit my voice.

I did an original version of Caravan with Mori Behar and James Calore awhile ago, which was fun. Nothing like live music. If any of you enjoy tackling this type of material, let me know. I haven't found any harmonica players on this site....where are you? I love jazz violin also.
===
Beautiful Sunset
Serene Serenade
by Narananda

First and second movement
===
Beautiful Sunset
Learning about you
by Narananda
A tribute to ddball whoose deep love for poetry, music and artists, amazing humour and culture, sparkish enthusiasm and heartfelt interpretations have no equal in icompositions. Thanks David for being here !

No comments: