Saturday, May 10, 2008

Promoting New Music Saturn Day 10th May

Beautiful Sunset
TOAST
by DLB and AshleyBeanHead

Another song by me and Doc. This is about celebrating your love for the special lady in your life. Really hope you all enjoy it

dlb = song/instruments/vocals
ABH = Production/mix/advice(had to put that bit in
===
Beautiful Sunset
Terra Incognita (epilogue)
by Narad

XIII. The return to Earth


The serie is now finished. It was a very big challenge for me, bigger than anyone can imagine.
The "mission" of Narad is accomplished here too.
A special thanks to all who had accompagnied me until this stade of creation.
===
Beautiful Sunset
NFF
by MIR and rinca

This tune I would really like to dedicate to one of the greatest voices here in IC, and a very nice girl as well, called rinca.
She's been so kind as to letting me go on with this posting, without having the chance to listen before, saying she trust what I might do.
I just put some music on her waiting and this is what came out.
Hope you enjoy, and wish all the best and more to the sweet kitty
===
Beautiful Sunset
The Siren Of The Rhine
by feenixx

aka "Die Lorelei"

====================================
added note - I just noticed that the mp3 sounds quite miserable compared to the aac/m4a file, even though it's a lot larger - I'd delete it now if I could. Do yourselves a favour, please: if you are going to listen, choose the m4a/aac version...
====================================

another piece built entirely from sounds which I extracted from my own voice, made into EXS 24 sampler instruments

The Lorelei sits on a cliff by the most difficult-to-navigate stretch of the Rhine. She combs her hair and sings, distracting skippers...

The German poet Heinrich Heine wrote a lyrical ballad about the Lorelei, and the choral composer Friedrich Silcher set Heine's words to music.

I recycled parts of Silcher's choral piece, slowed them down a lot, and changed the phrasing. That's ok, I reckon, Silcher did the same thing with Schubert's music.

The tunes are supposed to hover above a background, suggestive of rowing a boat through increasingly turbulent water as the piece progresses. I may do another version later in the year, after I gain some more experience at this kind of work.

The Artwork is a painting by J.W. Waterhouse

Enjoy

No comments: