Thursday, May 15, 2008

Promoting New Music Thorsday 15th May

Beautiful Sunset
Everytime I Die (---nom d'un chien--)
by randolf and o0o

a fairly minimal remix of o0o's gorgeous "Everytime I Die"
===
Beautiful Sunset
SatinDoll
by eagle_1 and fatchance

Discovered this track a few days ago...had to sing it in on such a fine piece of Geo...thanks for u're great music man...!
original can be found here:
a fine Duke Ellington (Cover)
===
Beautiful Sunset
Steal Your Love (Lucinda Williams cover)
by Dylan

Done this yesterday in a few stolen hours when i was trying to work on some other tune...

So i guess that Ol'Lucinda is always an inspiration...just changed "strong hand" into "soft hand"...hehehe...

This one is for my own drunken angel...still on the other side...

One drum loop (DoD)
Rest, all guitars, bass, organ, harmonica, percs done by that old Dyl...
===
Beautiful Sunset
Letting Go ( collaboration)
by livelargemusic and kassia

Brilliant song written and recorded by Kassia. I thank her for her generosity and patience while I did what i could with this. We BOTH hope you like it a great deal.
===
Beautiful Sunset
Expander
by ShadowofNine

A little synth action I guess you could call it Synth N Roll...a throw back piece using vintage analog synths and highly influenced by that 80's boy & those early synth masters like Kraftwerk and Wendy Carlos..

Hope you like Expander
===
Beautiful Sunset
chance encounter
by j0j0, Mystified, mbehar, SoulSurvivor, ciheins and magnatone

I am honored to be uploading this tune. It began as a simple guitar fantasy inspired by a capo and a GB effect. As usual it sat on my computer for a long time till one day I happened upon it right after I had stumbled upon a tune by magnatone/karen. I was blown away by her piano playing and then there she was in chat. We talked and I sent her my piece and we were off and running.

I had always wanted to do a simple piece with lots of icomp friends and one by one these awesome folks got on board. Honestly, I think Karen's piano sucked everyone in. You all have been a delight to work with and I can't thank you enough.

Speaking for the 'band', we hope you enjoy our tune.

karen: keys and midi flute
chris: strings
lenny: congas and drums
mori: bass
cat: vocals
jeff: guitar and mix
===
Beautiful Sunset
Baby Your The One I'm Searchin' For - Remastered
by Sloparts

This is a new version of the song Brian and I did in 1993. I cleaned it up, shortened it, added some percussion and shakers to the mix, and added the missing lead solos.

Although the original track is still there in it's modified and shortened form, it sounds completely different now with the new additions. My only hope is that I actually made it better, but you will have to judge that for yourselves.

So I submit this new version to you for critical analysis. I hope you enjoy the new version as much as I did redoing it.

Thanks for listening.

Ed
===
Live It Made (work in progress)
by signorina_oscurata

See long-winded blog entry. I have nothing to say for myself except that yesterday, I saw Top Gun and portions of Ghost and Out of Africa in succession, and I'd been previously pressured into acapella stuff by well-meaning music-y friends.

Pros? Nice and short. Cons? I still don't know what the heck I'm doing. Not at all. But I'm proud of myself for giving an honest shot at this without holding myself back, I guess.

No comments: