Saturday, May 17, 2014

Patient and assertive

For reasons beyond my control I will not post usual columns until my housing situation s sorted and I have internet access. This may be a week, or it may be much longer. Apologies to those who enjoy the columns. I will try to catch up on my return, or make good next year. 
Being patient and assertive! I must move next Thursday, but I have nowhere to go. I trusted my estate agent and seem to have been shafted by them. But I didn't know it and believed what they were telling me. They were telling me they were processing my application but the owners were being difficult. They promised to call me, and have never returned a call. I held off applying elsewhere until yesterday because I believed what they were telling me. But I called the property officer S who was handling my applications and was told that she had not heard from either owner, but that my priority was lower to another applicant family as they were a more long term prospect. She promised to call me back in the afternoon. As in all previous cases, she has not called.
So, I have applied with other agents for five other properties. I will follow up with them on Monday. Already I know one won't happen as the property won't be available for a week after I move. So I am also preparing to have all my goods placed into storage and I can make good with essentials somewhere .. possibly a hotel. But I don't have a mobile phone and this kills my communication lines.
What had happened is another property agent with the same firm as S had mislead me over the sale of my property. I had said I hoped to sell to an investor with the intention of renting the property back. Instead he found a lowish price in todays market which he assured me they would wish to invest. I had no choice but sell anyway, but on his advice prepared to stay. But, after the cooling off period, delayed by three public holidays, I was told I had to vacate. I had three weeks to leave. I turned to the agency and found a property that would suit my needs. I met S and inspected the property. I made application. I was told I would be called. And I heard no word. I made application for another property. Now, with five days to go, I am desperate, and have no idea as to why I have been treated this way.
My accommodation circumstance is such that I cannot post regularly for awhile. I’m anticipating three or four weeks. I apologise to those I disappoint, grown used to daily posts. I endeavour to catch up on my return. For a reason as to why things are happening, I include my petition.
For twenty two years I have been responsibly addressing an issue, and I cannot carry on. I am petitioning the Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott to remedy my distress. I leave it up to him if he chooses to address the issue. Regardless of your opinion of conservative government, the issue is pressing. Please sign my petition at
Post a Comment