Cyber terrorists are so threatened by Robert Spencer's Jihad Watch, they're desperate to shut it down.
Now they've mounted a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack - a cyber attack designed to push Jihad Watch offline and render it inaccessible.
Jihad Watch is under continual attack of this kind, but this most recent instance was significant for its size: these friends and supporters of jihad terrorists threw immense amounts of money and resources into taking destroying Jihad Watch.
In previous attacks over the last couple of years, the cyber terrorists were satisfied with taking the site down for a brief period and claiming victory, but now the attacks have escalated. Since we have started blocking their attacks, they have increased in ferocity, bombarding Jihad Watch's server with so many requests for connections that the server goes down. At times there have been as many as 1,000,000 requests an hour!
A representative of the company that built a firewall around Jihad Watch said that this ongoing attack was one of the five most virulent cyber attacks they're currently fighting anywhere on the web.
Another seasoned cyber security expert told us that he had never seen such a virulent and persistent attack in all of years of working on protecting websites from just such attacks.
That's why, in the midst of this great struggle, I need to ask for your help. In order to keep Jihad Watch online, we need to equip it with the best cyber security apparatuses available. But effective cyber security - especially cyber security that is strong enough to withstand the astonishingly powerful attacks that are being directed against Jihad Watch - doesn't come cheap.
Please help us today to keep Jihad Watch online. Those who do help us will receive a free, autographed copy of Robert's new book, Arab Winter Comes to America - a sobering and eye-opening look into how U.S. government and law enforcement have adopted a posture of willful ignorance toward the jihad threat.
You see, the cyber terrorists know that Robert Spencer tells the truth and that they can't refute him on rational grounds - so they resort to the forcible suppression of free speech that is a hallmark of the increasingly authoritarian and thuggish Left.
We have put in place a number of sophisticated and strong safeguards to make sure that Jihad Watch stays online - but we keep having to add more, as the cyber terrorists never give up, and keep finding ways to circumvent the firewalls and other protective devices we have in place.
All this cyber security is essential, because Jihad Watch is one of the very few places online or off where you can find the whole truth about the Islamic jihad against the free world. That's why Leftist and Islamic supremacists hate Robert Spencer so much.
If Jihad Watch goes down for good - and that's the cyber terrorists are trying to accomplish - the global jihadists and their Leftist friends and allies will have won a crucial victory in their efforts to keep Americans ignorant and complacent about the nature and magnitude of the jihad threat.
That's why I'm urgently asking you to help us keep Jihad Watch online. Those who do help us will receive a free, autographed copy of Robert's new book, Arab Winter Comes to America - a sobering and eye-opening look into how U.S. government and law enforcement have adopted a posture of willful ignorance toward the jihad threat.
So please follow this link to make your tax-deductible donation of $25, $50, $100, or more right away.
Thank you for all you do in this great struggle.
P.S. The Council on American-Islamic Relations calls Robert Spencer "one of the nation's most notorious Islamophobes;" Saudi Arabia's Dar al-Hayat newspaper dubbed him "the Likud anti-Christ;" And al Qaeda's Adam Gadahn called him a "Zionist Crusader, missionary of hate, counter-Islam consultant."
Jihadists - and of course the Left - hate Robert Spencer and are trying to take down Jihad Watch. Help us stop them by making an emergency donation of $25, $50, $100, or more right away. In return for your gift, I'll send you a copy of Robert's new book Arab Winter Comes to America.
© Copyright 2014, HorowitzFreedomCenter.org
|"Freedom from Bondage|
and Freedom from Oppression
Freedom from Hunger"
Fighting Poverty in Israel
Forward this email to a friend.
April 8, 2014 / 8 Nisan 5774
Received this from a friend? Subscribe .===
We greatly treasure your support for the People of Israel. As Passover is swiftly approaching, our campaign to send food packages, including Passover essentials such as matzah and wine, is soon ending. For those of you who have participated, the soldiers thank you very much! If you have not joined this year's campaign, you can do so now. CLICK BELOW TO SEND PASSOVER PACKAGES TO IDF SOLDIERS https://unitedwithisrael.net/passover/?c=don1 The brave young men and women of the IDF are freedom fighters who risk their lives every day, to ensure that we live as a free nation in our homeland. Our soldiers are God's agents of protection, performing the holy work of defending the Jewish nation. Many have lost their lives to defend our freedom. ... and that's why Passover is the ideal time to show appreciation for all that they do. Click Below to Send Passover Gifts to Israeli Soldiers https://unitedwithisrael.net/passover/?c=don2 The 'Passover Partners' project connects you with the heroes of Israel who fight for peace and protect our freedom. Many soldiers spend the Passover holiday with needy families back home. Sending home special gifts for their families makes them very happy! Please join us in sending packages filled with Passover essentials to Israeli soldiers and their families. It will help them to celebrate the Holiday of Freedom properly and joyfully. Click below to become Partners with Israel's Freedom Fighters https://unitedwithisrael.net/passover/?c=don3 Thank you for becoming partners with the soldiers of Israel and their families. We wish you a happy and kosher Passover! With Blessings from Israel, The 'United with Israel' Family Click below to Send Gifts to IDF Soldiers and their Families https://unitedwithisrael.net/passover/?c=don4 Checks can be mailed to a US address: United with Israel PO Box 151 Lawrence, NY 11559 United States Checks can be mailed directly to Israel: United with Israel 8/19 Nachal Maor St. Box 71530 Bet Shemesh 99623 ISRAEL You can also reach us by phone:: +1-646-213-4003 (USA) +972-2-533-7841 (Israel)===
- 193 – Lucius Septimius Severus is proclaimed Emperor by his troops in Illyricum (Balkans). He marches with his army (16 legions) to Rome.
- 475 – Byzantine Emperor Basiliscus issues a circular letter (Enkyklikon) to the bishops of his empire, supporting the Monophysite christologicalposition.
- 537 – Siege of Rome: The Byzantine general Belisarius receives his promised reinforcements, 1,600 cavalry, mostly of Hunnic or Slavic origin and expert bowmen. He starts, despite of shortages, raids against the Gothic camps and Vitiges is forced into a stalemate.
- 1413 – Henry V is crowned King of England.
- 1585 – The expedition organised by Sir Walter Raleigh departs England for Roanoke Island (now in North Carolina) to establish the Roanoke Colony.
- 1682 – Robert Cavelier de La Salle discovers the mouth of the Mississippi River, claims it for France and names it Louisiana.
- 1860 – On his phonautograph machine, Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville makes the oldest known recording of an audible human voice.
- 1865 – American Civil War: Robert E. Lee surrenders the Army of Northern Virginia (26,765 troops) to Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox Courthouse, Virginia, effectively ending the war.
- 1867 – Alaska Purchase: Passing by a single vote, the United States Senate ratifies a treaty with Russia for the purchase of Alaska.
- 1914 – Mexican Revolution: One of the world's first naval/air skirmishes takes place off the coast of western Mexico.
- 1937 – The Kamikaze arrives at Croydon Airport in London – it is the first Japanese-built aircraft to fly to Europe.
- 1939 – Marian Anderson sings at the Lincoln Memorial, after being denied the right to sing at the Daughters of the American Revolution's Constitution Hall.
- 1942 – World War II: The Battle of Bataan/Bataan Death March – United States forces surrender on the Bataan Peninsula. The Japanese Navy launches an air raid onTrincomalee in Ceylon (Sri Lanka); Royal Navy aircraft carrier HMS Hermes and Royal Australian Navy Destroyer HMAS Vampire are sunk off the island's east coast.
- 1945 – World War II: The German pocket battleship Admiral Scheer is sunk.
- 1959 – Project Mercury: NASA announces the selection of the United States' first seven astronauts, whom the news media quickly dub the "Mercury Seven".
- 1960 – Dr. Hendrik Verwoerd, Prime Minister of South Africa and architect of apartheid, narrowly survives an assassination attempt by a white farmer called David Pratt inJohannesburg.
- 1969 – The first British-built Concorde 002 makes its maiden flight from Filton to RAF Fairford.
- 1980 – The Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein kills philosopher Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr and his sister Bint al-Huda after three days of torture.
- 1992 – A U.S. Federal Court finds former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega guilty of drug and racketeering charges. He is sentenced to 30 years in prison.
- 2003 – 2003 invasion of Iraq: Baghdad falls to American forces; Iraqis turn on symbols of their former leader Saddam Hussein, pulling down a grand statue of him and tearing it to pieces.
- 1336 – Timur, Turkic ruler (d. 1405)
- 1597 – John Davenport, English minister, co-founded the New Haven Colony (d. 1670)
- 1598 – Johann Crüger, German composer (d. 1662)
- 1627 – Johann Kaspar Kerll, German organist and composer (d. 1693)
- 1717 – Georg Matthias Monn, Austrian organist, composer, and educator (d. 1750)
- 1806 – Isambard Kingdom Brunel, English engineer, designed the Clifton Suspension Bridge (d. 1859)
- 1821 – Charles Baudelaire, French poet and critic (d. 1867)
- 1898 – Paul Robeson, American singer, actor, and activist (d. 1976)
- 1918 – Jørn Utzon, Danish architect, designed the Sydney Opera House (d. 2008)
- 1919 – J. Presper Eckert, American engineer, invented the ENIAC (d. 1995)
- 1925 – Art Kane, American photographer (d. 1995)
- 1926 – Hugh Hefner, American publisher, founded Playboy Enterprises
- 1928 – Tom Lehrer, American singer-songwriter, pianist, and mathematician
- 1930 – Wallace McCain, Canadian businessman, founded McCain Foods (d. 2011)
- 1932 – Carl Perkins, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1998)
- 1943 – Terry Knight, American singer-songwriter and producer (Terry Knight and the Pack) (d. 2004)
- 1971 – Jacques Villeneuve, Canadian race car driver
- 1987 – Jesse McCartney, American singer-songwriter and actor (Dream Street)
- 1990 – Kristen Stewart, American actress
- 1998 – Elle Fanning, American actress
- 2000 – Jackie Evancho, American singer and actress
- 585 BC – Emperor Jimmu, Japanese emperor (b. 711 BC)
- 93 – Yuan An, Chinese scholar
- 436 – Tan Daoji, Chinese general
- 491 – Zeno, Byzantine emperor (b. 425)
- 1626 – Sir Francis Bacon, English jurist and politician, Attorney General for England and Wales (b. 1561)
- 1959 – Frank Lloyd Wright, American architect, designed the Price Tower and Fallingwater (b. 1867)