Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Hostage's Dream

A HOSTAGE'S DREAM by David Daniel Ball

Only because I wanted friendship
Only because you seemed to care
Only because I lost my brother
And the ambulance wasn’t there

Only because I grieved for summer
Only because of the sports we dare
Only because there seemed no hope
Yet that dream we seemed to share

Only because its worth the journey
Only because we have to fight
Only because the flash of brilliance
Dims before the morning light

Only because I had to see you
Only because of the way you smile
Only because of the pet you rescued
From beneath the stinking pile.

Only because I have no power
Only because I lost my strength
Only because I gave to anger
And said some rather silly things

Only because there is tomorrow
Only because the sun will rise
Only because a mornings promise
Shines beyond that daring glare.
====
This is for all hostages anywhere, but I particularly direct this for those that the Taliban hold, and those poor Israeli soldiers kidnapped and held hostage and those poor people in Iraq .. we must not surrender in the face of such madness

No comments: