Thursday, July 26, 2007

Citizenship Matters

I had a meeting with my local federal MP, Julia Irwin. Ms Irwin, ALP was relaxed, charming and sympathetic to my issue. Just goes to show that no one gets to that position without a lot of ability. She directed me, gently, to her state colleagues.

I was then in good humor, saying hello to some past students as I went to the city to finalise my ciitizenship applications.
I had a completed form 119, an endorsed photograph and my birth certificate. All I needed to do was say that I was born in NYC to Australian born citizens. Or so I thought.

The immigration department has lost my parents. Right to privaccy groups have wworked hard to make sure that any search will fail if the correct number of spaces and invisible errors aren't known. The clerk felt it most expedient to say that he couldn't recognise my birth certificate (called it a copy) and suggested I retrun when my new one was posted from the US .. which I need to finalise my US passport.

So now I can't complete my Centerlink forms to claim for unemployment because I don't have citizenship proof because right to privacy groups have hidden my parents.

No comments: