Friday, September 19, 2008

Promoting New Music Freya's Day 19th September

Trivium - Dying In Your Arms (dual cover)
Lead - Kevin
Rhythm - Khanh

Timing was off here and there...
===
Any Other Way
by k6
I got out of a two hour visit with the dentist. Came home and put this together. My face looks like I have a golf ball stuck in it but it feels like a soccer ball. The pain medication is making me sick. Kind of like "the operation was a success but the patient died" sort of feeling. The best thing to come out of it all is this tune.
I'm going with Xolv's suggestion and calling it a Bossa. Thanks man.
===
Beautiful Sunset
Joplin's SEARCHLIGHT RAG (1907)
by georgeptingley
This is my nomination for most "criminally overlooked" Scott Joplin rag. Apparently, publication and distribution of this great work was mismanaged and for many years the piece was not even included in Joplin's collected works. Lack of both recordings and critical appraisal have only added insult to injury. In this iComps exclusive, I am endeavoring to rescue this work from almost complete oblivion.

The form is Intro AA BB A CC DD. Listen how each section complements the next-not one note, phrase, harmony or modulation out of place.

Pianist George Peter Tingley performs Scott Joplin's SEARCHLIGHT RAG of 1907.

No comments: