Monday, December 31, 2012

Mon 31st Dec Todays News

Happy birthday and many happy returns Sher Maine Leong,Rick Mills and Daravone. Ee. Born on the same day, across the years .. the anniversary of Christ circumcised. Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

===

Vladimir Putin

===

Events

[edit]Births

[edit]Deaths

[edit]Holidays and observances


===

Gillard proves how easy it is to lie

Piers Akerman – Monday, December 31, 2012 (1:46am)

JULIA Gillard has fluttered another wad of cash before the voters as the year ends.
Parents will be handed up to $820 for every child in a back-to-school cash splash.
If it is as successful as previous handouts, pubs, clubs and electronics stores can expect a post-New Year bonanza.
Expect more handouts as 2013 gets underway.
But remember, this government has squandered every cent it has reaped from the longest boom in the nation’s history and that every dollar it hands out in its pre-election splurge will have to be borrowed at usurious rates of interest.

Not that this matters to this Prime Minister or this Treasurer.
Both Gillard and Wayne Swan have yet to keep a substantial promise to the electorate.
Gillard’s “no carbon tax” lie will ring down through the years eclipsing her predecessor Bob Hawke’s laughable “no child shall live in poverty” pledge and Swan’s unshakeable promise to return the Budget to surplus was as phoney as a three dollar bill from the outset.
Still, this Labor team is making a big play for parents with the kids bonus payment for families on Tax Benefit A and two-week paid paternity leave for new fathers from tomorrow.
Clearly, the ALP has learnt nothing from the European experience with spiralling social benefits costs.
Worse, Gillard told an audience of Left-leaning luvvies at Queensland’s Woodford folk festival that she wants to launch the the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) on April 1 and deliver on further education reforms.
This would be the NDIS on the never-never and the same education reforms which have set Australian children back in the most recent international ratings.
Frighteningly, the worst prime minister in our 112 year history told the less than enthusiastic crowd that she has “more to do.”
She said Australians could be proud “we are making a contribution to our planet and our world (on climate change)”, though how exporting coal to other nations for productive use saves the planet is still to be explained.
She did not mention her failed asylum-seeker policy.
When Malcolm Turnbull addressed the same gathering last week, he said it had never been easier for people in public life “o get away with telling lies”.
Gillard proved just how easy it is.

===

JUST A COUPLE OF VIDEOS

Tim Blair – Monday, December 31, 2012 (1:29pm)

Woody Allen meets William F. Buckley Jr (be alert for Allen’s answer to the question: “Do you think the Israelis should give back the land that they won from the Arabs?"). And Jerry Seinfeld re-meets Michael Richards.

===

HAMAS HOLIDAY

Tim Blair – Monday, December 31, 2012 (1:01pm)

The government responds to reports that Australia’s grand exalted ultra mufti has been holidaying with Hamas: 
Ms Gillard was unavailable to comment. 
Instead, the PM spent Sunday achieving another major milestone. She’s now the first sitting Prime Minister to visit the Woodford Folk Festival:

image

Add that to her victory in an online poll, and this is turning out to be a substantial term in office. Maybe Bob Carr has something to say: 
Foreign Minister Bob Carr said through a spokesman that the trip had nothing to do with the government.
“It’s up to them to explain their own views and travel plans,” the spokesman said.
“We have no diplomatic engagement with Hamas.” 
True, but one of Australia’s senior Islamic leaders clearly does. Interesting that our current foreign ministry believes that meeting with murderous Hamas goons is simply a matter of – ahem – “travel plans”.

===

DRAB, OLIVE-COLOURED FUTURE

Tim Blair – Monday, December 31, 2012 (2:07am)

A new year looms, so please gaze into my crystal balls for this preview of 2013 …

===

REASONS TO LOVE

Tim Blair – Monday, December 31, 2012 (1:53am)

I love you Sydney
You’re big and strong and mean
From the harbour to the mountains
And the suburbs in between
I love you Sydney
Each and every little bit
But the traffic is a problem
And the public transport’s … shamefully underdeveloped and outdated for such a major international capital. 

===
mm banner
Jonah photo 2
Hi everyone! Here's the MichelleMalkin.com newsletter for December 21st. Enjoy!

From the Blog

What the looming port strike is really about

It’s not about jobs. It’s not about safety. It’s not about improving dockworkers’ living standards. The looming, long-planned East and Gulf Coast port strikes are about protecting Big Labor’s archaic work practices and corrupt waterfront rackets...

Will Obama include his Hollywood supporters in the discussion about repairing a culture that ‘glorifies guns and violence’?

President Obama has responded to a petition to the White House — which has almost 200,000 signatures at this point — asking the federal government do more to control guns...

Vote on Boehner ‘Plan B’ called off due to lack of GOP support

I originally thought that maybe John Boehner would publicly tout “Plan B” as little as possible until he was sure he had the votes in order to give it a greater impact, but it didn’t play out that way...

More From the Right Side of the Web

Featured Video

Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 8.34.47 AM
Hope you enjoyed yesterday's treat! Here's another one: The Christmas Song.

Michelle's Top Tweets

Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 8.19.07 AM
Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 8.19.53 AM
Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 8.21.35 AM
Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 8.23.12 AM
Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 8.24.47 AM
Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 8.31.50 AM
Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 8.32.53 AM

And ... Our Hate Tweet of the Day

Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 3.01.56 PM
The car was found. Frank's sense of decency? Not so much.

===

DEAR 2012
I won't say you were easy, but I will say you were worth it. 
I won't say you had no burden, but I will say God made them light. 
I won't say there were no temptations, but I will say God provided an escape route from every one.
I won't say there were no battles, but will say God granted me victories. 
I won't say there were no hard times, but will say it showed me how strong I am in Christ Jesus.
I won't say I never felt like giving up, but will say, when I remember God's got my back, I knew I'm a certified champion.
I won't say I never had any fear. There were times little fear crept in but when I remember the scripture that says, one with God is with majority, I knew my fears were nothing but shadows.
I won't say there were no trials, but will say my faith kept me unshaken.
I won't say there was no time I cried, but will say for every drop of tears, I had an answer. So I'm stronger and wiser to face 2013.
Did I miss 2012? Thinking...... No way. 2013 awaits me. It will only get better for me because Christ in me, the hope of glory.
2013 is nothing but a piece of bread. Because I have God, I will conquer all that 2013 bring my way.
Thank you Lord for a beautiful 2012.

===
"Mr Allen, do you think Israel should give back the land they captured in their recent war?" "No, I think they should sell it back"

===

===
FROM BOB KERNOHAN.... once National Secretary of the AWU to Larry Pickering

To my friend Larry, you and your lovely family and all bloggers and visitors to your site have a great New Years.

2013 is going to be a big year for us, us meaning all bloggers and supporters of our campaign to rid our great country of the liars, thieves, and those who moved heaven and earth, as it were to hush up the massive fraud that was perpetrated on innocent AWU members.

Gillard and her then lover, you guessed it folks, another married man with young children at the time, Bruce Morton Wilson conspired to rip off at least a couple of million dollars from innocent hard working AWU members in the mid 1990s.

It is no secret that I have been seeking the recovery of the money, and to have the guilty brought to account within the forum of our legal system for the last 17 years.

Larry I know what I am about to say reiterates comments that you have made in the past. However given that I have sworn four Statutory Declarations over the past 17 years of my campaign against the main Fraudsters Gillard and Wilson, given the huge amount of support I have received from people I know that I am not alone in this battle to get to the truth.

I address the following comments to Gillard, I believe, that you are a liar, a fraudster and a thief, I know that you conspired with Wilson to rip off millions of dollars from AWU members and the taxpayers of WA.

I know that you falsified documents relating to the allocation of some $600,000 in government grants, from WA taxpayers into a secret bank account that you illegally set up for Wilson.

You also were involved in illegal transactions by way of buying and selling property, illegal property deals that yet again, were paid for with AWU members money. Some of those who are major players in the cover up over the years are Ludwig, Howes, Bill Shorten, Roxon, Conroy, David Feeney etc etc.

In 17 years of me making public statements, as outlined above, the only response I have ever received from you was during the last week of Federal Parliament sitting this year, 2012:

Julie Bishop sought to table a Statutory declaration that I swore an oath to in August 2010. You did not address one aspect of my stat dec, however you claimed that it was "drafted" by another person.

I challenge you to make the same comment outside parliament and I may well seek to take you to court for defaming me. Finally I say this to you: If you feel aggrieved, injured, hurt or maybe even defamed by my factual comments, you have the same rights as any other Australian to seek relief in our courts.

No need to attempt to curtail free speech. I would welcome the opportunity to have my sworn statements tested in court.

Larry and EVERYONE, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND DRIVE SAFELY.

Larry, I will never forget the day I first spoke to you, It was you mate who breathed fresh life into this issue when the MSM would not touch it. Talk soon.

Bob Kernohan

===

===
I'm not persuaded by what others say. I don't argue that the Bible should guide lives as a text which isn't read. I hold myself to a different standard to what I hold others .. I have a relationship with God .. others don't. That doesn't mean my preference is law. Instead it means civil law by which all are governed is different by that which informs me. I am loyal to my country and participate in Democracy. The issue of abortion isn't precisely described in the Bible which doesn't mean people can't have a view. The idea that abortion is a mere lifestyle choice and part of recreational sex is absurd in faith terms. Some of the finest interpreters of the Old Testament, Israel, publicly state that abortion is not an inconsequential matter. It is an important, and at times lifesaving procedure. I feel it should be left to the conscience of those involved .. but it shouldn't be a lifestyle choice as there are alternatives. - ed
The ‘biblical view’ that’s younger than the Happy Meal===
From Holly
As I reflect on my 2012 I can declare that I am a Conqueror through Christ who strengthens me. God has been there with me all the way through hell and back. It was truly a year where I failed miserably but God has remained faithful. I lost my posessions and money, went through the valley of the shadow of death, having nightmares that seem like reality but through it all God has sent me human angels who I love and adore so much ♥ I thank God with praises for all of you who have been there for me,who prayed with me,,listened to me,councilled me,encouraged me,just wanted to say that you deserve to wear a smile in your heart. Not because of what you have or what you've done, but because of who you are, you are truly amazing like angels without wings ♥ so as the hours pass by to bid this year farewell. In the new year 2013 my desire is that I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. In 2013 my desire is to be rid of all my burdens, to overcome any bad habits and replace them with godliness, to run with patience the race that is set before me, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of my faith and to fulfill the purpose for the rest of my Life, not to be blinded by lies no more..Happy to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right. I do not forget to thank some very special people who have challenged me to become a stronger and wiser person I am today. I do believe you know who you are :) ♥ I also want to thank my siblings who have always been there for my teen boys.Michael NguyenNa Do Love you to bits ♥
You all played a great role in making me not lose my sanity lol..So let us rejoiced and be glad in the new year as we experience God's Divine favor in such a miraculous way, my Word for you is keep on seeking God and Loving Him for as it is written ~
Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. You are all so very Loved by the most high God and by me ~ HUGS ♥

===

===
I get worried when people quote Dawkins as a religious authority .. I see shortcomings as it lists two Christianities when there is one spectrum. At one end of the spectrum is an apocalyptic vision which barely is recognisable as Christian. This vision has people who are moved by the Holy Spirit and anticipate the end times. It is typical of those, who in my experience claim to fight the devil and spurn those who eschew that in preference to serving God. I personally feel it is better to serve God, as those who believe they fight the devil end up dancing to his tune. At the other end of the spectrum is a conservative church whose existence is to provide a guide by which God is served. Neither extreme seems relevant to me as expressions of modern faith where faithful people commune with each other in service to God. - ed
===

===
technically all the numbers were different, but he means digits .. - ed
===

===

===

===

===

===

===

No comments: