Friday, November 30, 2012

Wikipedia editors fighting


Djapa re Pete/Skyring

I was recently taken to AN/I for being rude to Pete/Skyring. The outcome was that I am supposed to avoid communicating with him. That means that I really can't comment on what he has been posting at Talk:Alan Jones (radio broadcaster).
You are under no such restrictions. I support all you have said there. Please don't take my silence as any sort of support for the bigot.
What I can't understand is why he is still allowed to spout his ignorant garbage on Wikipedia, but I'm not allowed to say that publicly.
Keep up the good work. HiLo48 (talk) 20:27, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
You made some fairly serious allegations about User:Skyring here: [1]. Could you please either provide diffs of the behaviour you are describing, or retract the allegations? --Surturz (talk) 06:01, 28 November 2012 (UTC)


===

Elsewhere 

I see some weaknesses in the arguments raised. For example here in the NT the article suggests the Greens suffered as a result of the swing against Labor. I think this is simplistic. Most people here knew there was a fair chance of a regime change and so many who would have voted 1 green 2 labor chose to vote 1 labor so as to avoid splitting the vote. Also, this NT election had two new competitive parties (ASP and FNPP) and more independents than ever before. I think these two factors had a significant impact on the result. I don't know if the same holds true for ACT, but I think the first factor played a part in QLD. Djapa Owen (talk) 10:09, 26 November 2012 (UTC)
I've moved your contribution from my user page to my talk page. Every article's arguments have strengths and weaknesses - but the essence of the piece is far more correct than any of the rubbish carted out these days. I suppose when the biggest media outlet in Australia want to destroy the Greens at the ballot boxit is to be expected that the rumours of Green death have been greatly exaggerated :) Timeshift (talk) 07:33, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
Quite correct too. My bad.
I agree the article is better than the ususal guff these days. Just offering a local perspective. Djapa Owen (talk) 12:02, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
And local issues will always play some part. But one thing I just picked up from your comment - voting 1 Green 2 Labor doesn't split the vote in a preferential system, though some less politically educated voters may not realise that. Timeshift (talk) 20:52, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
Unfortunately many Australian people do not seem to understand the electoral system they operate under. What I meant was that they were avoiding a percieved split in the vote. Djapa Owen (talk) 21:33, 29 November 2012 (UTC)

No comments: