Monday, October 08, 2012

Quantum IT Computer Support

She called herself Angel. She had a strong Indian accent. She called using a suppressed phone number, but quoted 03-9999-7448 when I declined to speak with her if she didn't tell me. I then instructed her to delete my number from her call database and she refused. She was claiming she wasn't a scam until I hung up
===

Did you get a call from 039-999-7448? Read the posts below to find out details about this number. Also report unwanted calls to help identify who is using this phone number.
039 is an invalid area code
  • 0
    Scam
    Claim to be Quantum PC Support, selling you anti-virus, anti-malicious, software. Do not give them any information!! Let alone purchase there malicious software!
    Caller: Quantum PC Support
    Call Type: Telemarketer

  • 0
    deadly
    Scammers as said above from some person claiming to be quantum pc support techs .call up and I hang up,rings back again.Gives his name and ID number and this company phone, sounds genuine, makes claims that company has been set up in Australia for 8 years,ok let them connect to my computer,start loading on some soft ware,I say whats this for,says we are checking for problems which no antivirus can detect,next question was how will you be paying us for this software,creditcard,debit ,visa,then throw up a page for me to fill out my info,then I hear in back ground somthing being said that you only have 4 minutes to fill out page,refused ,then they start getting nasty, demanding that i pay them,refused,was handed over to head man.Still refused and told them to remove what software they had just loaded,10 minutes later finally gone.Have run as many checks i can to see what has been let on my pc,but i am no expert.I know now that it was a stupid thing to do (let them into my pc).
    Call Type: Telemarketer
  • 0
    sue
    I was sucked in as well, they sounded so professional, gave me all their particulars and asked me to ring them back, also dont know much about computers so I let them in as well, I smelt a rat when they insisted I set them all up yesterday with a $183 fee, at first it was free.  I asked if I could ring back the next day as my daughter is ill and they got quite cranky.  What do I have to do about letting them into my computer
    Caller: Quantum PC Support
  • 0
    Tc
    Rang saying I may have an e-mail virus that no anti virus can catch, and I will have to log-on and they will show me how to get rid of it.  I hung up.
    Caller: Quantum

===
Caller centre ..

Anonymous
0
Cannot ask them to stop calling as a call back in required.
The caller was identified as an Unknown that has been reported 2 times in the past.
Reported 4th, Aug. 2012.  
Anonymous
0
Angela Willaims told me my computer was full of problems, stupid me gave her access to my computer, told me they were going to fix my problem then hit me with the $183.00 fee. thought thus was odd so I said I would ring her back today, she was very persistant that I dont hang up and wanted me to do the deal yesterday. Her persistance is why I smelt a rat.
The caller was identified as an Unknown that has been reported 2 times in the past.

Read more at http://www.callercenter.com/0399997448.html#KLe1JmAXfu0cfZZU.99 

No comments: