Thursday, November 03, 2011

Falling in Love Again

"Falling in Love Again (Can't Help It)" is the English language name for a 1930 German song composed by Friedrich Hollaender as Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe eingestellt (literally: "Head to toe, I'm ready for love"). The song was originally performed in the film Der Blaue Engel (English translation: The Blue Angel) byMarlene Dietrich, who also recorded the most famous English version. The English lyrics were written by Sammy Lerner, but are in no way a direct translation of the original.

Failing in love again
Never wanted to
What am I to do?
Can't help it

Love's always been my game
Play it as I may
I was born that way
Can't help it

Men flock around me
Like moths around a flame
And if their wings burn
I know I'm not to blame

No comments: