Monday, October 04, 2021

4th Oct Review of Historical and Current Affairs

 My name is David Daniel Ball and I am the voice of freedom coming to you from the oppressed of Australia and Melbourne. The Victorian state premier, Dan Andrews is denying freedom to Victorians and is safe from prosecution. The NSW Premier offered freedom in NSW and has had to leave office a persecuted figure. NSW has performed better than Victoria despite Victoria having had more and more stringent lockdowns. The Victorian Premier had killed over a hundred Victorians in a previous lockdown through mismanagement. When challenged as to the reason for the mismanagement the Victorian Premier claimed he forgot as his staff were caught deleting relevant articles. 

Lockdowns are as ineffective as face masks. I must wear a face mask indoors and out doors despite being double vaccinated. My employer who cannot employ me under lockdown has had to check that I am double vaccinated. I will not be allowed to work until February next year. Those who claim face masks keep me safe point to studies made in hospitals where the sickly are densely populated. I can point to the ridiculous spread of Covid variants despite curfew, lockdown and face masks. Something is wrong. I am not allowed, were I to contract COVID, to treat it with Ivermectin, HCQ or Fenofibrate despite all three being effective medications. Instead I have been double vaccinated when the vaccine may be more deadly than COVID. 

A Christian Evangelist who targeted Jews asked me to clarify my outrage. I do so. 

NB. FB deleted a post I made on the issue 

“I ask forgiveness from Jews who experienced horrible persecution because of my arrogance in believing that my theology was more important than the incessant wounds they suffered for almost 2000 years at the hands of Christians.”

Read it aloud and try to see what might be offensive to a Jewish person, even one who was not religious, but ethnically Jewish. I have Jewish family, and lost some to the holocaust. My Jewish ancestors had gone to Poland from Horowice, which gave them a name, and Jacobs, which gave them another, but last names are not a Jewish thing. You may wish forgiveness for arrogance. You are not important enough that your belief was responsible for their horrible persecution. That persecution was persistent and real and largely documented, but not entirely. Sometimes some of the persecutors asked forgiveness of G-d, but continued. Today, one wound Jews feel terribly is when evangelical Christians claim their young using sophisticated arguments the young are not conditioned to respond to. Jewish peoples do not proselytise, but raise their young in accordance with their scripture. They feel real anger when their young are taken from them by hucksters.

My family fled the pogroms of the Tsars. Before that, they fled many Christian leaders. You may have heard of Hypatia and Saint Cyril, there had been Alexandrian Jews that Cyril ‘loved’ too. The New World was discovered when a persecuted Spanish Jew named Columbus set sail. Japan’s second religion is an offshoot from Jewish slaves dating back to a hundred years or so after Jonah, it is in DNA records. And yet, despite the thousands of years of persecution, the Jewish community retains her indomitable character. I believe God did something very special when they were in that desert, and God has a plan which includes them. I don’t know what it is. But I’m not so arrogant to think I can impugn on their good will by targeting their young without consequence. Disraeli is said to have observed “Two thousands years of Christian love has left the Jews feeling nervous.” Yet Disraeli was Christian. I ask G-d for guidance on this issue, and I believe I need to be humble. And I’m saying to you that needs to inform your mission. And if that is not possible for you, go somewhere else.

The following day, I got further messages
Brian Rocker I'm really confused David at what you're getting at? Who's targeting youth? And I don't understand what's wrong with Brother Tommy or myself or anyone else repenting for the sins of our fathers like Daniel did while in Babylon. I'm really confused at your post. Can you explain so we can understand the offense you feel? Thanks!

For some, failing to understand is a gift. When the Lord finally returns and tells his people of his love, Brian and Tommy might say 'huh?'

I apologise. I'm angry. I may be dead in a few years, having been lucky to have lived so long. I see a world of promise, and I see that promise squandered by the corrupt. When I was young, I dreamt of a positive answer to that eternal question, is their intelligent life on Earth? Andrews, Biden and Trudeau say 'no'

===   ===   ===

Intro to Locals.com

My name is David Daniel Ball I'm a teacher with three decades experience teaching math to high school kids.I also work with first graders and kids in between first grade and high school. I know the legends of why Hypatia's dad is remembered through his contribution to Math theory. And I know the legend of why followers of Godel had thought he had disproved God's existence. 

I'm not a preacher, but I am a Christian who has written over 28 books all of which include some reference to my faith. Twelve blog books on world history and current affairs, detailing world events , births and marriages on each day of the year, organised by month. Twelve books on the background to and history of Bible Quotes. One Bible quote per day for a year. An intro to a science fiction series I'm planning, post apocalyptic cyber punk. An autobiography with short story collections. 

I'm known in Australia for my failure as a whistleblower over the negligence death of a school boy. I had reported the issue responsibly and had not known I'd blown the whistle. The embarrassed left wing government had responded by imposition of a nationwide ban on the use of peanut butter in canteens, despite failing to address the issue of peanut allergy appropriately. 

I've been de-platformed on Facebook and twitter despite not being an activist. Twitter did not like me asking for Obama to face justice in 2011. FB gave no specific reason for removing me following Jan 6th 2021 in Washington DC where a policeman killed an unarmed woman, so a crowd would know he was in control.

https://voiceddb.locals.com/post/1018405/intro-to-locals-for-the-conservative-voice

Australia moves towards an election federally. And the director of the Liberal Party infuriates me, asking me for money to support his AGW hucksterism that isn't as bad as the ALP one. It still is not good policy. 

Today, 25th Sept 2021 I carry fake news
The fake news comes from a left wing site called "The Hill" 
In the article on the Arizona draft Audit into 2020 election fraudulently given Biden, we are told there were no accidents and that a simple vote count shows Biden won. However, the simple vote count does not show that at all. It shows that the voter fraud was wilful and deliberate. It shows that the parties behind the fraud covered their tracks. Now for the parts of the audit that have been opposed. A check of signatures. The system data showing when and how votes were cast. That will take longer because the investigation has been impeded. 

A successful withdrawal was what was engineered at Gallipolli, where, over three days troops pulled out of defended positions and left on ships .. nobody died. That was war. Nobody was left behind. Because of the failure, WW1 was prolonged another two and a half years, Russia collapsed etc etc. The price of failure was big. But the retreat was a success. In contrast, Biden's retreat was utter failure in Afghanistan. 

Editorial on Covid policy failure
It is apparent COVID policy is political, not health related. However health advice has been political and not health related. Public health has been corrupted. Media has failed. Judiciary is corrupt. Defence is incompetent. The thin blue line has been cut. And, elder abuse is apparent from the Presidential office through to the ordinary NYC retirement home. On the plus side, there is an emerging possibility of an empty gesture securing the white house for womyn on behalf of one raised in Canada. 

Dan Andrews' lockdown has cancelled AA meetings. Go the beers. Playgrounds have been shut down state wide and even a curfew has been re-imposed. There is no science showing any such measure addresses COVID, but we know it allows the government to assert authority. 
https://rumble.com/vlxs1g-editorial-on-covid-policy-failure.html

Editorial Biden's Afghan failure culminated from Obama's Afghan lies

Afghanistan is in flames as Biden begins bombing runs on terrorists as he seeks to negotiate with them. US soldiers have been killed after a strategic error left an exposed airport the only means of Americans and their allies to flee. Biden says those that remained behind wanted to, after fleeing Afghans clinging to a wing and fuselage of an aircraft plummet to their deaths. After Biden had said the Afghan government would stand following US withdrawal. US left behind billions of dollars of weapons Chicago gangs look on with shock and awe. The Taliban will not use a fleet of Blackhawk helicopters. China will. 

So who is responsible for the failure? According to Biden, the buck stops with him, and he views it as a Dunkirk like success, when he is not looking at his watch waiting for mourning to end of soldiers that died in his service. Biden also feels any mistake was made by Donald Trump as NK begins nuclear weapons work. The US military have included critical junior officers in their lists of personal pronouns for enemies. What is a personal pronoun for a failed President? 

Editorial on God In answer to Dinesh Dsousa's article 
The God the atheists refute is not real, but is a ridiculous, impossible figure. God is real. God as He is revealed in the Bible is a fact. However, as ridiculous as the atheists arguments are, they are instructive. God made a bridge He could not cross (man's rejection of Him). God bridged that gap with Jesus. Thing is, atheists don't believe that that gap is real. 

In my Sermon on a Miracle I describe how God gave a childless woman who could not bear children, prayed for children, family. He did that. And he did not use supernatural measures. 

God is real. God does the impossible. God is not subject to our demands. God answers prayer. Sometimes bad people prosper for a time. All those statements are true. 

God is worthy of praise. Atheists don't see it, but they have countless examples of it, from their own lives to the works of those they admire. In the Revelations of the Holy Spirit I underscore and outline some of what God does that even atheists call for. 

We need god, but even in a world without God, there is a need for Him. 

https://rumble.com/vlxszm-editorial-on-god-in-answer-to-dinesh-dsousas-article.html 

===

=== From 2017 ===
Don't give up on hope. Hillary Clinton stood up after the recent atrocity in Las Vegas and declared that now was not the time for politics. Then she said to blame the NRA. The politics free zone did not extend beyond the full stop. A US newspaper is being criticised for a cartoon that made the point that the victims, liking country music, were probably gun toting advocates who didn't matter, but probably deserved it. "What happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas." Only that phrase refers to sexual experimentation and gambling. The atrocity was not that, and the pain felt by the community is not addressed by the likes of HRC, but by President Trump. While Hillary is trying to work out how illegal guns could be made, well, illegal, Trump is talking to those suffering, and listening, and offering hope of a way forward. 

A dear friend I have never met is in chronic pain. He is considering suicide, but he has wisely not done so. Not suiciding means building resilience for the young in the family. It is not good to suffer, but it is good to persevere. Nothing is ever as good as people hope. But love, grace, redemption, forgiveness can elevate things. Tomorrow is worthwhile. Even if you are in chronic pain. I know this as I have endured, unmedicated, eight day stretches of devastating gout. I could not sleep, rest or stand. And in the middle of it, one develops tunnel vision. I will never face that again because of medication. It is one reason why I scorn the NSW coroner's office for ruling the death of Michael Hutchence as suicide. Because the coroner wanted to prevent female fans of feeling pain because Hutchence was sexually dysfunctional from drugs and attempted auto erotica? Only one of my mother's three sisters, all dead, died from old age. And others in the family too. Suicide is a curse that hurts the loved ones. 
=== from 2016 ===
To Ventura busses 

My name is David Daniel Ball, I am running for Greater Dandenong Council. Constituents of the Ward of Redgum have raised with me the issue of the bus route 709. It runs through Keylana Drive Keysborough, which is not a mainstream street planned by council for bus traffic. Locals tell me that they would prefer it were the main thoroughfare of Cheltenham Rd used between Chapel Rd and Lakeview Blvd. It looks to me like that route would be superior and allow more convenient access to buses even for people who live in Keylana drive and adjacent streets.
What would be the most appropriate way for me to raise this issue with you?
 ===
Dear Nominee for the Red Gum Ward of the Greater Dandenong City Council,
Leading up to the election on October 22nd, I would like to know what your individual views are, and the agendas you wish to bring forth should you be elected.
I am also interested in what issues you believe need addressing, as well as what people groups, minorities or majorities, you wish to represent.
Why is it that you believe you are the best person for the job?
As a part of the Red Gum Ward community I understand the understated importance of a council members contributions to it's community, and the effect that it will have short and long term; because of this, I ask for a sincere, detailed and honest response to this email.
Warm regards,
Kedesh Hatton
===
I believe in the theory of cultural assets. Viewing things as minorities needing promotion is all very well, but a zero sum game with winners and losers. Promoting minorities leads to racism. The theory of cultural assets looks at communities differently. Cultural assets tend to be cheap but time consuming to build, and easy to tear down. Without cultural assets, people tend to selfishness. With cultural assets, people tend to maintain and grow the community.
Thing is, cultural assets depend on a community for identification. In Dandenong they include market spaces, leisure areas, schools, homes, library, parks, police, old buildings, new buildings, lots where children play before being chased away, Pokemon Go sites, theatre, museums, places of worship and more. Dandenong needs to grow these appropriately. Greens oppose overdevelopment. But I don't see over development. I see missed opportunity.
I am for secular administration. Everyone should profit from good governance. I see a failure of planning whereby a local church of over 600 members who meet regularly, many at least twice a week, will not have a space where they can meet. Or an office. But these ratepayers are good citizens and not looking for hand outs. But they can't afford a commercial centre, as they aren't getting a commercial income. New Life have lived on Cleeland st at Chisholm for a decade, and now Chisholm want the space they are entitled to. But where does New Life go? New Life is international, with Dandenong their headquarters. Failure to plan is failure.
Youth crime is a bad problem that is related to youth unemployment. Some of the kids involved should be at school. But the delinquents are 'educated' by older unemployed. Red tape preventing our business from operating profitably also prevents employment. And everyone suffers.
Poor public transport with council not being pro active with constituent concerns is an issue. The 709 bus uses a small road for about 800m when a bigger road and better route is available for that corridor. Constituents have done all that they can, but council seem uninterested. Edu Kingdom on Abbott st are licensed to run on Saturday but no bus goes there. There is no foot path leading there from bus routes and to get from Dandenong Railway station to Edu Kingdom means a 90 minute to two hour journey each way. Yet Edu Kingdom and other close by business pay their rates and license fees. Public are expected to get there. That is poor planning
I am not a member of any political party, although I long ago applied to join the Liberal Party. The Liberal Party offered to discuss my admission, but I made them put it off until after the election. I am keen to join, but I have made commitments to the electoral office regarding my candidacy as an independent and I will honour that. I am an economic conservative, classically liberal (promoting the individual, not big government) preferring freedoms to over regulation. I want cheap garbage collection, not expensive fiddly wasteful stuff. I am stunned a planning failure has meant a housing estate in Dandenong needs satellite access to the internet, or expensive deals with Telstra.
 
===
Re: council elections 2016
DB
David Daniel Ball
Thanks for your reply.
However i have a few questions, you mentioned that you are classically liberal, except on opposition to religion, can you please explain what you meant by that statement.
I would like to know if you are for or against same sex marriage and are you pro choice or pro life. 
===
Your questions are about me or my election platform? They are not well worded. As a legislator I don't want to have anything to do with marriage, that is something that church should decide on based on their conscience and constitution. It is, to my mind irrelevant as it is currently part of civil unions which is the law of the land. There are lots of things that are legal I would never do. I resist any attempt for churches to be forced to act against their faith or constitution. My church does not recognise the validity of same sex marriage. Dan Andrews has rendered it meaningless by declaring that gender is voluntary on birth certificates.
I am pro life, but I am told, and recognise the truth, that abortions are a necessary life saving procedure. They should be, as Israel says, rare. Abortions are not inconsequential and should not be a lifestyle choice. Again, I would not legislate against them but feel that people choosing them should receive counselling. I know of many who have regrets from abortion.
A classical Liberal is possibly a mythical creature. Think Abraham Lincoln, Gladstone, Peele, Jefferson and Menzies. The modern leftwing liberal has nothing in common with them. They stood for the individual living free, and not over regulated by the state. There have to be laws, or there would be anarchy, but the laws don't have to be so restrictive, so divisive, as they now are.
Getting back to the local election, abortions and same sex marriage have nothing to do with garbage collection, house planning or local business. 
===
previous post .. 
1 are you a Labor/Liberal/Greens supporter
I am not a member of any political party, but I am a member of the Institute of Public Affairs (IPA) but not a representative of theirs. I am an economic conservative with Libertarian leanings. I differ with Libertarians in that I favour zero tolerance on drugs whereas they promote deregulation.
2 would you say you are a conservative or progressive thinker
I am an economic conservative and classically liberal, except on opposition to religion. So, I prefer small government. Individual rights that allow freedom. I despise censorious progressives that abuse the word to be regressive in extremist green/red fashion.
3 what changes would you like to see in our great City of Greater Dandenong
Cut red tape for business. Employ more young people with growing small business. better public transport facilities and vectors. More car parks for business. Appropriate spaces for worship (cf New Life need a home). Improved planning without the infrastructure faux pas Council created in the past, where housing estates are denied internet access.
=== from 2015 ===
Queensland narrowly lost the ARL (Australian Rugby League) grand final. The scores were locked at 16 all at full time. Queensland had a kick, and narrowly missed as the ball hit one of the goal bars, putting the game into golden point extra time. Queensland kicked off to Queensland, and a Queenslander dropped the ball and knocked on in from of goal. A scrum did not lead to an immediate score, but a few tackles later, Queensland kicked a goal and won the golden point and the match. But really, a Queensland win was inevitable. For the record, the Cowboys defeated Brisbane. Wayne Bennett's sole grand final loss of his career. Queensland should feel a little frustrated, and proud. 

Meanwhile, the Liberal's new leader, Malcolm Turnbull's pulling the party to the left has claimed a gaff from ALP Leader Shorten. While it is true that no conservative can ever lean far enough left to get votes from lefties, that is not what has happened. A good family man was senselessly gunned down by a fifteen year old terrorist the other day. Mr Abbott had previously said that the Islamic community needed close ranks and shun those who bring Islam into disrepute. But the press felt that such opinions were extreme right wing. Malcolm Turnbull has instead said that the Islamic community needs to advise him how Australia can change to make them more comfortable and not send their young to kill randomly. This seems to have scared Shorten, who relies on the small but uniform support of Islamic peoples who like to be exploited by cynical politicians. Shorten went to the left and ignored the victim to empathise with the terrorist's family, some of whom probably were responsible for radicalising the idiot and giving him a gun. Turnbull's lurch to the left has paid off for now. 

For some, at the moment, the Sex Party has more credibility.
From 2014
Specific issue
Aid worker beheaded as an act of terrorism. He had been captured in an aid truck, the only non Muslim in the band captured by ISIL after leaving Turkey, in Syria. He had not insulted Islam. He was a dad and a taxi driver. Some are comparing Islam to Christianity through these terrorists. One said recently that Nazism is to Christianity as Islamo Fascism is to Islam. Except a surface scan does not show a correlation. Nazis did not claim or want to be Christians. Islamo Fascists do claim to be Islamic. Christians did not endorse Nazism. Islamic leaders legitimise Islamo Fascism. But the shallow observance of some atheists who get confused by faith do not see a difference. 

Some faith is shallow. In some circumstances, there is not much difference between Islam and Islamo fascist. In Canada a butch lesbian walked into an Islamic hairdresser's salon and asked for a men's cut. He has refused, citing sharia tradition. So now a Canadian court is determining who is the highest value victim. But neither of the antagonists are victims. Playing the victim card is dangerous, as many Aboriginal children have found who have been sexually interfered with because of the myth of a stolen generation. Back to Islam and it is informative hearing disloyal Islamic peoples claiming they support ISIS if the Australian armed services fight them. The Australian armed services are not after Islamic peoples, they are trying to stop terrorists from beheading kidnapped aid workers or raping Islamic villager women. But then there are red herrings like the 'Burqa debate' or female genital mutilation or other things which don't have much to do with Islamic relations at all. But groups like the ADL have gotten involved, reputedly, and threatened good Islamic people who have contributed much to Australia. 

Mixed issues
Unions should not control super funds. They were given control of many of them by Keating, who had been trying to counteract the generational loss in union membership. But the corruption of unions and their theft of union money by the leadership shows that the unions are the wrong people to control the funds. Latham bells the cat re Gillard claiming she was the victim of misogyny. Gillard was corrupt, knows it and played the misogyny card to distract from what is clearly evident. 

Journalist issues
An entitled journalist hopeful gives up after being told they were not charming enough to make big money. It is a lousy reason to become a journalist: for money. Or fame. Meanwhile, Manne abuses those who blindly believed in him. Self styled genius Manne, who invented the hockey stick image to describe AGW alarmist models has a habit of abusing, not debating with those who disagree with him. ABC Listener "Viv" speaks for many in demanding the ABC assert standards. The ABC has been unbalanced for a long time so that reasonable people are unaware of important issues they face in their daily lives. 
From 2013
Israel has a right to exist and Jews have a right to prosper everywhere around the world. Anyone who disagrees with that is a bigot. Anyone who threatens to prevent that is a terrorist. Today I have linked articles where some have campaigned to deny Israel's right to security, or her right to exist, or her right to trade. Each instance is a violation of human rights possibly genocide. Theoretically, it could be prosecutable in the World Court. Except many of those perpetrating these abuses are nations, multinational companies and or journalists.

In response to statements like Israel has a right to exist, some reply "they have no right to kill and maim Palestinian peoples." The ignorant assertion is not what is happening and not what has happened. Israel is the only place in the world that is safe for Muslim peoples, or peoples of any faith. Unlike the US, Israel protects its people against terrorist assaults .. Obama has recently ordered Israel to release known terrorist killers into the community .. voiding the US's assertion it may be safe for people .. Benghazi is an example of the US not protecting its people. Israel defends its people daily from rocket attacks and hostile militant incursions .. all of its people. Yet in so called Palestine, anyone could be murdered for any reason. Militants have died attacking Israel. Those militants would be alive if they hadn't. Israel is not wrong to defend herself.

Palestine is a Roman name to describe Israelis. The people calling themselves Palestinians today are largely Jordanians. They have no right to Israeli land, but for international intransigence often emanating from the UN. Outrageously, Jerusalem has not been freely given to Israel, but made part of claims regarding Palestine .. resulting in Jews not being able to worship at the temple wall.

Modern Israel is not solely Jewish. She is a modern democratic state with loopy left wing idiots as well as decent conservatives. The same could not be said of any state surrounding her. It is outrageous that a shop might claim it would not trade in Israeli goods because that shop owner is an evangelical Christian  claiming to live by biblical principles. I say to that person that I am an evangelical Christian and I say that their decision denies the gift Jesus died to give them, and that by hurting those who are threatened by evil, they are not serving the Lord my God as he has tasked them to. But I recognise they serve their master faithfully.
Historical perspective on this day
AD 23 – Rebels capture and sack the Chinese capital Chang'an during a peasant rebellion. They kill and decapitate the emperor, Wang Mang, two days later.
610 – Heraclius arrives by ship from Africa at Constantinople, overthrows Byzantine Emperor Phocas and becomes Emperor.
1227 – Assassination of Caliph al-Adil.

1302 – A peace treaty between the Byzantine Empire and the Republic of Venice ends the Byzantine–Venetian War (1296–1302).
1363 – End of the Battle of Lake Poyang; the Chinese rebel forces of Zhu Yuanzhang defeat that of his rival, Chen Youliang, in one of the largest naval battles in history.
1511 – Formation of the Holy League of Ferdinand II of Aragon, the Papal States and the Republic of Venice against France.
1535 – The first complete English-language Bible (the Coverdale Bible) is printed, with translations by William Tyndale and Myles Coverdale.
1582 – Pope Gregory XIII implements the Gregorian calendar. In Italy, Poland, Portugal, and Spain, October 4 of this year is followed directly by October 15.
1597 – The first Guale uprising begins against the Spanish missions in Georgia.

1636 – The Swedish Army defeats the armies of Saxony and the Holy Roman Empire at the Battle of Wittstock.
1693 – Piedmontese troops are defeated by the French.
1777 – Battle of Germantown: Troops under George Washington are repelled by British troops under Sir William Howe.
1779 – The Fort Wilson Riot takes place.
1795 – Napoleon Bonaparte first rises to national prominence by suppressing armed counter-revolutionary rioters threatening the National Convention.

1824 – Mexico adopts a new constitution and becomes a federal republic.

1853 – The Ottoman Empire declares war on the Russian Empire.
1876 – Texas A&M University opens as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, becoming the first public institution of higher education in Texas.
1883 – First run of the Orient Express.
1883 – First meeting of the Boys' Brigade in Glasgow, Scotland.
1895 – The first U.S. Open Men's Golf Championship administered by the United States Golf Association is played at the Newport Country Club in Newport, Rhode Island.

1904 – IFK Göteborg was founded in Café Olivedal in Gothenburg, Sweden.
1917 – World War I: The Battle of Broodseinde is fought between the British and German armies in Flanders.
1918 – An explosion kills more than 100 and destroys the T.A. Gillespie Company Shell Loading Plant in Sayreville, New Jersey.
1927 – Gutzon Borglum begins sculpting Mount Rushmore.
1936 – The British Union of Fascists and various anti-fascist organizations violently clash in the Battle of Cable Street.

1941 – Norman Rockwell's Willie Gillis character debuts on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post.
1957 – Space Race: Launch of Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth.
1958 – The current constitution of France is adopted.
1960 – Eastern Air Lines Flight 375, a Lockheed L-188 Electra, crashes after a bird strike on takeoff from Boston's Logan International Airport, killing 62 people (out of 72 onboard).
1963 – Hurricane Flora kills 6,000 in Cuba and Haiti.
1965 – Pope Paul VI arrives in New York City, the first Pope to visit the Americas.
1966 – Basutoland becomes independent from the United Kingdom and is renamed Lesotho.
1967 – Omar Ali Saifuddien III of Brunei abdicates in favour of his son, Hassanal Bolkiah.

1983 – Richard Noble sets a new land speed record of 633.468 miles per hour (1,019.468 km/h), driving Thrust2 at the Black Rock Desert in Nevada.
1985 – The Free Software Foundation is founded in Massachusetts, United States.
1991 – The Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty is opened for signature.
1992 – The Rome General Peace Accords ends a 16-year civil war in Mozambique.
1992 – El Al Flight 1862: An El Al Boeing 747-258F crashes into two apartment buildings in Amsterdam, killing 43 including 39 on the ground.
1993 – Russian Constitutional Crisis: In Moscow, tanks bombard the White House, a government building that housed the Russian parliament, while demonstrators against President Boris Yeltsin rally outside.
1997 – The second largest cash robbery in U.S. history occurs at the Charlotte, North Carolina office of Loomis, Fargo and Company. A Federal Bureau of Investigationinvestigation eventually results in 24 convictions and the recovery of approximately 95% of the $17.3 million stolen cash.

2001 – Siberia Airlines Flight 1812: A Sibir Airlines Tupolev Tu-154 crashes into the Black Sea after being struck by an errant Ukrainian S-200 missile. Seventy-eight people are killed.
2003 – Maxim restaurant suicide bombing in Haifa, Israel: Twenty-one Israelis, Jews and Arabs, are killed, and 51 others wounded.
2004 – SpaceShipOne wins Ansari X Prize for private spaceflight, by being the first private craft to fly into space.
2006 – Wikileaks is launched by Julian Assange.
2010 – The Ajka plant accident in western Hungary releases about a million cubic metres (35 million cubic feet) of liquid alumina sludge. Nine people are killed and 122 injured, and the Marcal and Danube rivers are severely contaminated.

===




AD 23 – Rebels capture and sack the Chinese capital Chang'an during a peasant rebellion. They kill and decapitate the emperor, Wang Mang, two days later.
610 – Heraclius arrives by ship from Africa at Constantinople, overthrows Byzantine Emperor Phocasand becomes Emperor.
1227 – Assassination of Caliph al-Adil.

1302 – A peace treaty between the Byzantine Empire and the Republic of Venice ends the Byzantine–Venetian War (1296–1302).
1363 – End of the Battle of Lake Poyang; the Chinese rebel forces of Zhu Yuanzhangdefeat that of his rival, Chen Youliang, in one of the largest naval battles in history.
1511 – Formation of the Holy League of Ferdinand II of Aragon, the Papal States and the Republic of Venice against France.
1535 – The first complete English-language Bible (the Coverdale Bible) is printed, with translations by William Tyndale and Myles Coverdale.
1582 – Pope Gregory XIII implements the Gregorian calendar. In Italy, Poland, Portugal, and Spain, October 4 of this year is followed directly by October 15.
1597 – The first Guale uprising begins against the Spanish missions in Georgia.

1636 – The Swedish Army defeats the armies of Saxony and the Holy Roman Empire at the Battle of Wittstock.
1693 – Piedmontese troops are defeated by the French.
1777 – Battle of Germantown: Troops under George Washington are repelled by British troops under Sir William Howe.
1779 – The Fort Wilson Riot takes place.
1795 – Napoleon Bonaparte first rises to national prominence by suppressing armed counter-revolutionary rioters threatening the National Convention.


1876 – Texas A&M University opens as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, becoming the first public institution of higher education in Texas.
1883 – First run of the Orient Express.
1883 – First meeting of the Boys' Brigade in Glasgow, Scotland.
1895 – The first U.S. Open Men's Golf Championship administered by the United States Golf Association is played at the Newport Country Club in Newport, Rhode Island.

1904 – IFK Göteborg was founded in Café Olivedal in Gothenburg, Sweden.
1917 – World War I: The Battle of Broodseinde is fought between the British and German armies in Flanders.
1918 – An explosion kills more than 100 and destroys the T.A. Gillespie Company Shell Loading Plant in Sayreville, New Jersey.
1927 – Gutzon Borglum begins sculpting Mount Rushmore.
1936 – The British Union of Fascists and various anti-fascist organizations violently clash in the Battle of Cable Street.

1941 – Norman Rockwell's Willie Gillis character debuts on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post.
1957 – Space Race: Launch of Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth.

1965 – Pope Paul VI arrives in New York City, the first Pope to visit the Americas.

1967 – Omar Ali Saifuddien III of Brunei abdicates in favour of his son, Hassanal Bolkiah.


1985 – The Free Software Foundation is founded in Massachusetts, United States.
1991 – The Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty is opened for signature.

1992 – El Al Flight 1862: An El Al Boeing 747-258F crashes into two apartment buildings in Amsterdam, killing 43 including 39 on the ground.
1993 – Russian Constitutional Crisis: In Moscow, tanks bombard the White House, a government building that housed the Russian parliament, while demonstrators against President Boris Yeltsin rally outside.
1997 – The second largest cash robbery in U.S. history occurs at the Charlotte, North Carolina office of Loomis, Fargo and Company. A Federal Bureau of Investigation investigation eventually results in 24 convictions and the recovery of approximately 95% of the $17.3 million stolen cash.

2001 – Siberia Airlines Flight 1812: A Sibir Airlines Tupolev Tu-154 crashes into the Black Sea after being struck by an errant Ukrainian S-200 missile. Seventy-eight people are killed.
2003 – Maxim restaurant suicide bombing in Haifa, Israel: Twenty-one Israelis, Jews and Arabs, are killed, and 51 others wounded.
2004 – SpaceShipOne wins Ansari X Prize for private spaceflight, by being the first private craft to fly into space.
2006 – Wikileaks is launched by Julian Assange.

No comments: