Monday, February 15, 2010

Quest for Jackie Chan - Lip Dub Jackie Chan Acapella


Sydney, NSW, Australia - 13th of February, 2010 After considerable thought I (Maria Tran) decided to round up my merry friendship crew to attempt our first weekend experimental project as a part of Quest for Jackie!

This week we attempted what we found out to be a Lip dub this is an online popularity of lip synching and audio dubbing to make a music video.

Prior to this and as my research into the social phenomena Chan man, I bumped into this song made by a group called InsideOut from their album Experience online.

So myself and a small fun loving crew of eight had fun collaborating on this ridiculous project.

It definitely pushed my comfort zone. A new experience that can be slightly outrageous beyond what Im use to. It has inspired me to try something different. says Marie Setiawan.

Ive always wanted to be in a music video. Havent as yet so I think its wiser to just home make it. says Maria.

Tips for Lip dubbing:
•Spontaneity: It doesnt look too planned, like someone has pulled the idea out of the blue and their mates together to do it.
•authenticity: Everything about the clips appears real and down to earth
•participation: It not about the lip syncing but more so about the dynamics of the people making the clip
•fun: people in the film are having heaps of fun
Lib dubbing: was coined by the founder of Vimeo by Jakob Lodwick, 2006, in a video entitled Lip Dubbing: Endless Dream.

In the video's description, he wrote, "I walked around with a song playing in my headphones, and recorded myself singing. When I got home I opened it in iMovie and added an MP3 of the actual song, and synchronized it with my video. Is there a name for this? If not, I suggest 'lip dubbing'."

For more information about Quest for Jackie! visit www.questforjackie.com
Join us on Facebook! Quest For Jackie Chan
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/questforjackie1

No comments: