Saturday, February 27, 2010

Politeness and Civic Duty

I briefly met Lalich in 2008. I was walking through Westfields in Liverpool when along one of the corridors I saw this tall, white haired man. I said "Hello sir." And I waved a friendly wave, not wanting to distract him from what he was doing. He gave a startled grunt and passed quickly enough, certain, I suppose, that I was not someone that needed to be charmed or entertained. I had a wealthy aunt who went to an expensive political dinner, once. She was on the same elevator as the then Australian PM, Keating. Keating was with some heavies, and he saw my aunt and turned his back on her. My late father had gone to the same school as then Australian PM Mr Howard, and they met briefly at a party. Mr Howard spoke a few words to my father, calling him by his first name and reminiscing, a little, in passing. Not only do we become our professions, we become our roles in our professions. In many ways conservatives tend to still address others respectfully. Among the ALP, there is a different dynamic, where one needs to remember ones friends, and a clear dichotomy is drawn between us and them.
The tribalism of the ALP has impinged heavily on my issue involving Hamidur Rahman. I have done nothing wrong, but I feel I have been smeared and I feel the ALP have been largely responsible based on form, rather than purpose. My issue could have been solved long ago without much pain to anyone, and a boy might still be alive. But I get ahead of myself with my story. Over the next few days I await a decision by APRA as to wether I can continue to live in my unit in Carramar. I have been unable to keep paying the mortgage since I left my job in July '07. If APRA allow me to claim from my Superannuation, it will cover the bill, but leave me in the same position as a few months ago. I can't find work because (I believe) I have been illegally blacklisted by the ALP from doing my work as a High School Mathematics teacher. If APRA deny my claim I must sell up. I have no where to go, and no one to turn to, but god. God has been good to me, and I believe He will continue to be. I don't know what will happen next. I had thought I had exhausted all my possibilities in early '08, but I learned a lesson I can trust in God.
My problem arises from early '92, when as a beginning teacher I saw a PE teacher touching a year eight girl on the crotch as an example to students. I reported the incident in the appropriate way, but it was before the Woods Royal commission into police branched off into the teaching profession. Before that inquiry, teachers who were pedophiles were apparently bounced around schools for (apparent) fear that they might claim damages at being denounced. After the Woods Royal commission, the ALP arranged it that there would be clear lines of reporting. My issue fell into a grey area, and was apparently covered up. All it meant was that my career was curtailed at a systemic level, but that should have been the end of things. Except it may have cost the life of Hamidur Rahman.
In trying to make ends meet, I got a job at Hurlstone Ag HS as a boarder tutor in '98. I'd applied in '97 but believe I was not accepted for being too fat. I was accepted the next year, but that was by someone who resigned before I began, and the person who replaced them was the one who rejected me the year before. I was told I was to be on probation for being fat. I did a good job, but when there was an unfortunate meeting between old colleagues in '99, I was no longer wanted at the boarding school. My abuser manipulated things so that I was living off campus in 2001, which was when I met Hamidur when he was in year seven. I warned the school, including my abuser about the health issue which claimed his life. I was illegally dismissed for that. My claims to authorities regarding the outrage were apparently entertained up until Hamidur died from what I had warned the school about, a year after I reported it. My involvement was covered up by the Department of School Education, and the coroner came back with a finding that it was an accident and the parents were partly to blame for not telling the school, when my testimony (and others) would have contradicted that.
I had asked my local member (Tripodi) for help in '02, but he had given me a reply that he didn't know what was happening, but he would represent me in parliament. That had happened after he had lied to parliament about discussing gang members with a local high school, so I didn't trust him, and had a message passed to the Minister of Education (then Della Bosca) through a third party. Della Bosca covered it up. but I had told him if my issue was not addressed then I would resign and speak publicly. I did that, resigning on July 16th 2007. I had written Della Bosca after the state election, partly in the hopes the ALP would lose and I would get a conservative Minister to address the issue. I hadn't realized the local press might give my issue a 'go slow' prior to Rudd's election. I had thought I could involve the federal government which would be clean of my issue, but then something happened I hadn't anticipated .. I had to prove my citizenship or risk being deported. It took me eight months to clear up the matter, timing me out of Industrial Relations court and with the change of government, putting in a suspect group in Federal Government who were hostile to my issue for no reason other than tribal ones.
I didn't want to involve my old students in my problems as it isn't their fault. But I felt safe in turning to Joseph Adams and Zaya Toma. I took my issue before the police. I also involved the Ombudsman's office and ICAC. I felt I was being ignored for corrupt reasons. Joseph Adams was successful in lobbying for Marie Ficarra to bring my issue before the senate. The education department admitted all that they had done, but the press have not spotlighted their answer. And so a boy dies and is buried in public, and his parents are erroniously blamed. And I, weak as I am, stand alone as a whistleblower. Alone but for God who supports me, and friends who will move to help if I fall. Meanwhile, the feds are considering a law to allow them to prevent whistleblowers working on the internet. The press behave as if the issue does not need to be reported. And those apparently criminally negligent don't get asked salient questions the public needs to know.
===
This has been written for Zaya Toma's blog.

No comments: