Sunday, February 01, 2009

Dick Rosmini 12 string - 900 miles 1964


Forgotten 60s guitar wizz nice groove double bass Red Mitchell Stockholm pics.
Stereo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DfERb...
Rosmini was a real multi-talent: guitar/banjo player photographer pioneer in multitrack home recording. He is one of the most enigmatic and elusive guitarists I've ever run across. Dad had thousands of folk records but only one single track by Rosmini on a compilation that made a deep impression on me as a kid. I kept asking for more but dad never managed to get hold of anything. I've always wondered did he do more stuff that was this good?

From american folk & blues I've heard lots of good train songs but few that can rival the ferocious double beat and hard driving 12-string steel of Dick's 900. When watching this vid it's pretty clear to me that it's actually his 12-string that drives the train towards home, not its engines.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dick Rosmini's "Adventures..." album was my inspiration for acoustic guitar. Occasionally I've read testimonies from other great players (such as Leo Kottke) regarding his brilliance and creativity, but sad to say he never seemd to get the attention and limelight he so deserved.