Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sttoke story


 I like the look and sound of the product. I could use two of their 12 oz cups for when I go walking each day. They could keep my drinks cool which is important to me in Melbourne. Also, I don't have a decent sized fridge and it would be good to have such things during the summer days when I also have no air conditioner. 

I live in a share house with some shady people, and some good people. One does not always know which is which. When I ordered, the price of two cups came out at about $aud130, but I could afford that if I could use them. I'm not on disability pension, but I've been labelled as having a disability, and that severely limits my income. The website assured me of delivery on signature. I ordered through Paypal. 

Twelve days later I get a morning phone call saying it will be delivered. I ask if it will be that day but the response from the guy wasn't clear. I wait, but also go about my day, and prepare for my work. I'm getting a short snooze at 3pm for my 4:50 start on zoom. a knock on my door at 3:20 pm and I disconnect my sleep apnea machine and answer the door. An elderly man, neighbour, whom I know to take amphetamines and is a life long criminal, apologises for waking me and I ask if there had been a delivery. Another flatmate I don't get along with, Mo, is watching from his door with a knowing grin. John says "I was going up the street and was wondering if you wanted anything." He'd never shown such consideration before. I said "No thanks. I'm waiting on a package. I need to sign for it." He said he didn't know anything about it. Mo is laughing as he goes to his room. I check the website tracking my order. It says the delivery guy has received it, but I can't tell if it says that it has been delivered. I check down stairs at the door and outside. No parcel. 

Next day I contact the delivery guy, and get no reply. I contact the website and try to explain that I can't read their delivery advice clearly. No reply. I try FB site and get no reply. I wait patiently. Two weeks later I send another email, saying I will cancel the order until I hear back from them. They immediately reply that they will contact their delivery guy. I call him. He shows me a picture of my place on the day John knocked on my door. It shows people from my share house outside, including Mo's car. 

By now, J has probably fenced the cups. I tell him I will pay him $30 if he can find them, no questions asked. He wants me to describe them, which I do. 

I advise Sttoke of what has happened. I think they have a depraved indifference to my situation. But, then they promise to replace them. 

====

Delivery! Sttoke sent replacements. 

It is 35 degrees centigrade in my room. 
I've tried chocolate milk, coke cola and bubble tea. Normally they'd be warm slurry in minutes, but these babies keep them cool. 

The 12oz cups are perfect for letting me be mobile, they fit in a device I have for carrying stuff. Life is looking better. 




No comments: