Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Quora fail



I was transitioning to work full time for Quora. I'm glad I didn't. They banned me. I'd recently lifted my question count from 10 a day to 30 a day. It doesn't become financially worthwhile unless it is about 80 a day. I tried to keep my questions conservative and relevant, tethering them to articles from News.com.au with extras from FB finds. Most Quora responders would openly brag of being able to silence conservatives.

It took about six months, an hour a day, to build the 10 questions a day. This returned about 20 cents a day. When I lifted to questions I got about a dollar. 30 questions returned about four dollars. But, that never happened as I was banned before I was paid for it. 

I managed to place all my Bible Quotes onto Quora. Initially, I'd referred the questions to Biblegateway. Quora community complained that site was spammy. I then referred the questions to my site. I tried to amend the older questions to my site too, but Quora said my site was spammy. Basically Quora felt the Bible Quotes were theirs and they didn't want me work on them. Quora tried merging quotes with different verses together. They complained that my wording was strange. One person complained when I wrote it was not compassionate to drown people. 

I considered outsourcing for approval. Posting 80 questions a day with links. Thing is Quora does not know in advance which questions their members will arbitrarily reject as being inappropriate. 

1 comment:

PKRTKO said...

Yes, Quora loves to ban conservatives. My account was banned this week after three edit blocks. It seems they were finding odd reasons to be upset when I won debates with Democrats on reasons Donald J. Trump was winning. They will NEVER get it. 3/4 of the site is LEFTIST LUNATICS. I had hundreds of followers, questions and answers yet the only thing that exists are a few hundred questions. They erased ALL my answers. Sad, because I know several really helped some people. I got up to $4.00 after 30 paid questions, then they banned me without any compensation. It is not worth the aggravation. Quora will fail. You can't ignore the truth and claim to be a knowledge based website. I'm glad you didn't invest heavily in this foolish site. Cheers.