Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bring Us Home



I made this video, but not for the same reasons the artists made the song, but it has a powerful message for me.

I hear the cries of hostages and displaced persons who are tired of being pawns as left wing politicians fight among themselves as to who gets to betray them next.

I want the job started by President Bush and Prime Minister Howard to be finished. I want our troops to have everything they need to do this job with as little danger to themselves as possible.

I want to bring them home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I wrote the lyrics, I was careful not to associate with any specific war. I was also very careful not to get into a political argument about "should we have or shouldn't we have gone in in the first place. As you have astutely observed, the song is about soldiers, for whom there is no light at the end of the tunnel, because the politicians forgot to plan an exit strategy. This is a fundamental error that we simply keep repeating, time after time...... I can only imagine what it must be like for them. It is to their credit that moral is, in most cases, still high. But for how much longer?

Smileygeezer