Thursday, April 11, 2019

A Catfish Problem in Vic Liberal Party?

Read Michael Millard's answer to Would the Victorian Liberal Party tolerate a catfish in their executive? Why? on Quora

The person is now an executive of a major conservative political party in Australia. But when I had met them online, on Facebook at a place called Conservative Cafe, They were troubled, down and out and pursued by some awful people, dealing with lawfare. I ran a FB page and invited them over as an admin, to give them a defence against the abuse I could see them fielding. People warned me about the person I was protecting. I asked for details so I could verify what they had done, but all I got was a stream of abuse.
At first, in the desperation of the abusers to get to the person I protected, I documented some of what happened. This included leaders of a far right organisation calling itself the Australian Defence League (ADL), and later, the Australian Tea Party. They invited me to join them. I researched who they were, off shoots of the EDL. I declined. I was sent a parcel by a guy claiming to be a pedophile. I declined the parcel, not wanting to have anything to do with it. But the person I’d been protecting had got a parcel too, and it was a lawfare document threatening to sue them for posting on the person on the FB page, which I’d not done. I could not understand the hysteria the person generated. I asked about it and got vague answers about a silence clause on previous litigation.
For a few years, the drama played out. I got a secondary FB account to keep watch of what others were saying, but FB nixed that after I’d told the person I was shielding. I could not afford what others had, who had multiple accounts, so I brought on board a former student. That worked ok for a year. Things settled a little. But the person I was protecting had more issues. Their FB account was hacked while they were on holidays and everything was a drama to them. They shared accounts with others, but never me, I won’t do that.
After about three years, they attacked a Jewish friend of mine. My friend had posted a controversial piece and had taken an unpopular, but correct view. Typically, such things got attacked by anti semites, many of which were ADL. But the Person I’d protected sided with the anti semites against my Jewish friend. All would ave been ok, all I needed to do was to highlight what my Jewish friend had posted in direct contradiction of what his abusers were claiming, but the person I protected used their admin privileges to delete it and FB had made that irreversible in those days. Then they booted my friend. I spoke to my fellow admins how unhappy I was about the circumstance but they shrugged. So I walked away for a year.
During that year I was pushed by a cat fish I later realised was the person I'd protected. They begged me to come back. After a year, I was told by others that they wanted me back too. I was willing to work with the person whom I’d protected, to find out why they were a cat fish, but they walked, stole the page from my fellow admins they’d worked on for years and began gaslighting me. They created several fake pages on FB, copying the name of the page I ran.
Thing is, I had lost everything I ever owned and had to move cities. I went to Melbourne where the person I’d protected lived. I checked out shared accommodation for single people and came across the name of the confessed pedophile living in the same suburb as the person I’d protected. One of my fellow admins had been in a political party, and the person I’d protected had travelled across Melbourne to be in their branch. Then they gaslit my former admin, and became an executive in the party.
Years before, the ADL had bragged they had had a weapon which could not be controlled, but was launched. It was a person with a personality disorder who sowed dissent wherever they went. I believe it was the person I’d protected.


Image from public site


Read David Daniel Ball's answer to What personal experience taught you to never allow people to take advantage of your kindness? on Quora

I knew them as SnJ as they had had a joint account with their spouse, reasoning they'd never be accountable for anything they did because no one would know who ran the account at any time. 

I raised the issue with a senior party member prior to the Victorian Election 2018. I pulled out of my own campaign in Dandenong when I made the connection. I promised not to raise the issue before the state election. I kept my promise. 

No comments: