Saturday, November 17, 2018

For the Victorian Election Saturday 24th November 2018

The two major parties involved are Liberal (Lib) and Australian Labor Party (ALP). Lib is led by Matthew Guy, the current opposition leader. ALP is led by Dan Andrews, the current Premier. Before canvassing issues, I wish to point out that ALP are not providing choice to Victorians, and that Liberals are the only viable option for responsible government.

The National party is in coalition with the Liberal party. The Greens claim more independence from ALP, but act as a further left wing coalition party. There are lots of independents, generally all of which will endorse the ALP in minority government. Some exceptions might be Conservatives (Corey Bernardi), ALA, One Nation, and others. None of them have a history of supporting conservative government.

Matthew Guy has been exemplary with his disciplined campaign. He has released policy and planning documents which have involved the population. Over the last two years I have been involved in a large number of events run by the Liberals, discussing planning, population growth, infrastructure, public transport, small business needs, responses to crime, community needs. I have approached the ALP on all those issues and more without response.

Dan Andrews has abrogated responsibility on every single issue. Andrews lied before the last election about Skyrail, About roads, about policing, about schooling, about hospitals, about emergency services, about CFA.

My introduction to Victoria involved moving into share accommodation in Hallam. It was my bad luck to share with a group of males who were Afghan, or one Ice addict who wasn't. Over Easter, 2016, my good Afghan flatmates were off celebrating the Afghan New Year while the Ice Addict decided he would kill me. Over ten hours on Easter Friday, the Ice addict, who was also a registered sex offender, broke my door securing my share accommodation, while brandishing large kitchen knives and calling out threats. I recorded some of it. My Afghan landlord waited outside for police to come (Afghan's are people I respect). When emergency police came ten hours after being first called (about 6am) the officer asked me why I'd kept calling them throughout the evening when the Ice addict had not killed me in the first hour? My premises were unsecured and the police could not arrest the belligerent but counselled me to find my own accommodation until I could secure a court order. Courts had closed for Easter. I turned to my local member, Gabrielle Williams, who was overseas on study tour. Her office would not help, but told me not to turn to my federal member, ALP's shadow attorney general, as he was too busy too.

I was subsequently blessed to be offered accommodation with former Vietnamese refugees. That family show me the spirit of what made Victoria, and Australia great. I'm a high school trained Math teacher, and it is a real privilege to work with younger children as that family has allowed me to. I came to Victoria to find work. However, the Victoria Institute of Teaching and Victorian schools are generally not interested in me. They would rather have children, in the playground, unsupervised, during math lessons, than, hire me. I work for beneath award pay at tutoring colleges that are close to home, but take me two hours each way to get to because public transport is that bad.

Meanwhile, a local council will throw their hands up if an elderly lady tells them a tree is growing in her bedroom. Luckily, a Liberal member was able to intercede and get the council to remove the tree. One does not know what Andrews would do if motivated. Euthanasia? Andrews has that legislation in train thanks to his keeping parliament open this Easter past.

Andrews government has blown up a coal fired power station and prevented gas works because of his belief in AGW hysteria. It is driving up the cost of power while promoting the use of wasteful windmills and solar power solutions that harm the environment. Andrews declined to tunnel more deeply at Yarra, so as to stay on budget, but then went over budget anyway as well as ruining the environment, digging up trees, redirecting traffic and so on. A deeper tunnel would have been cheaper than what is currently being done, and would have meant the trees could stay and the road would not have to be dug up. The claim is Andrews is removing level crossings, but by lifting trains into the air, instead of tunnels, Andrews is wasting, not spending infrastructure money, as it will need to be spent again to fix. A major freight corridor has been ruined going into Melbourne, and prices will have to go up for the extra cost. Population has not been planned, and inappropriate development is ruining the city.

In the country, people who can use skills are restricted from it, even if it could save their lives. A former road labourer who has skills that could pave a road adjacent to his working farm is not allowed to by council, as it would void insurance. Only accidents are more likely on badly maintained roads. A dust storm resulted in people dying because Andrews infrastructure was run down. A man is stabbed to death by a terrorist on bail. Schools promote gender bullying among their youngest students who are largely disinterested in the issues. The Roads minister can approve of political signage posted in his neighbourhood by his fellow ALP members, and stands by, while his own mother calls out baseless Nazi slurs on his opponent.

Media are claiming Guy is invisible while they look to amp up hysteria over any perceived gaff. Guy has been magnificently disciplined and his team have been ably supportive. The Liberals are competent and ready for government.

The ALP have been corrupt. The Red shirts issue has not disappeared. But the ALP members have disappeared as questions are raised about their theft of Electoral office resources. Some ALP members were not involved with the theft. Why?

Read David Daniel Ball's answer to How would a Matthew Guy government in Victoria differ from Dan Andrews administration? on Quora


No comments: