Thursday, November 11, 2010

Zaya Toma's Interview with Chris Smith re Tripodi


Joe's talent was not his political ability on the parliamentary floor. Joe knew where bodies were buried that compromise the ALP, and he used that information in the party room. As a constituent, I approached his office on the matter of Hamidur Rahman in 2007, having been promised by Joe he would look into my issues in '02. Joe's office smeared me to the press and I have been unable secure work since. Had his office dealt fairly with the issue things might have been very different .. but then he would have had to have been competent. My earliest memory of Tripodi was his address to Canley Vale HS before he entered state Parliament. He had a prepared speech that wasn't logically sequenced. He hadn't the wit to deliver it properly. Years later, he claimed to parliament he had spoken to the school about gun/gang issues when he hadn't. He got away with his lies.

No comments: